1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Speed up Coin to EXP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ifrit, May 17, 2013.

1. Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

So love the game (Of cause) but while playing long games I get to the point where I'm waiting a long while for the game to change the coins into EXP at the end of a level, would it be possible to have something like When you have more then $10,000 that it takes $1,000 each turn instead of just $50? and maybe the same with $5,000 it being $100?
    I don't know of the figures, but I think that it would help speed the game up in the later stages.

GERCharon likes this.
    • okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

I believe this would be a very useful (If not necessary) addition, but personally I believe that they could also do to improve the gold : XP ratio. That little bit at the end of each level (and the mouse cursor during gameplay) are the only real gameplay problems with this game that I've noticed.

Lost in Nowhere likes this.
      • Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

I agree; it's kind of excruciating, having to wait 10+ minutes for several hundred thousand gold and barely even seeing your XP bar go up at all.

Lost in Nowhere likes this.
        • Trenched_Colonel

Trenched_Colonel Seal Broken

You know what would be awesome and super rewarding? If at the end of the level, instead of the money slowly being converted into xp and flying at you, all the money exploded into xp and attacked you like a swarm of angry bees. I would love to see that shiz.

WoxandWarf, JKarser and Treadlight like this.
          • Norroar

Norroar Void-Bound Voyager

Yes. I found this to be incredibly frustrating. It made me not want to progress to the next level, because once you reach ~500k, it will take 17 minutes (2 seconds for each 1k cash), just to reach the next level. I can't even tab out and do other stuff while it happens, because that pauses the game :[ ...

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Yes I'm at 181 minutes in, usually netting 200k per level, takes longer for the cash to count down then it did to finish the level, think its taking about 10 minutes just to get rid of all 200k gold, it REALLY needs to scale with how much gold you have or just get faster and faster and take more gold per tick.

• JKarser

JKarser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It might also help to add the option to just skip the gold > xp animation altogether.

• Joskineide

Joskineide Astral Cartographer

So, I played for waaaay too long...
                  [​IMG] Sem título.jpeg.png
                  This takes around 25 minutes to turn into xp x_x
                  but I got this far just as 3.3 got out T_T

JKarser likes this.
                  • JKarser

What difficulty is that on?

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

There's an icon in the top right that should let you know.

JKarser likes this.
                      • JKarser

Ahh, thanks for pointing that out to me!