1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

SpeedRunning-Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by AIorvex, Aug 2, 2017.

1. AIorvex

AIorvex Space Hobo

Thinking of rule set for here.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

1. The seeds are the same for all users - unless manually changed. So having it default would mean there would be no differences - except of course for loot spawn.
    2. The easiest way to reset everything is just rename your "storage" folder in your starbound directory to what ever you want and launch the game.

This will reset the game back to completely default settings.

3. AIorvex

AIorvex Space Hobo

1)How do you set that to Default? So if you set it to default or set it to a set cordinate then i would always be that way right?.. I have been lookin in the config and cant find where to do so. How would you change this setting.
    2) So there is no way to reset universe in game?

4. The | Suit

Its always on default when you reset the storage folder. No need to look for it.
    The only way it will ever be different is if it is manually changed.

All universes for all players are always the same - unless some one changes it manually or a mod does it.

No the best way to reset the universe is renaming storage folder.

You can also use
    /resetuniverseflags

But that only changes the flag state and not the result.

5. AIorvex

AIorvex Space Hobo

Ok but when you delete the folder and remake the storage folder you start on a different random cordanate.. Are you saying that you would always start on the same planet? I want to make it where you could start fresh with a specific world.

6. AIorvex

AIorvex Space Hobo

Like is there a way to make sure you start on a specific world every time? As in same Coordinates

7. The | Suit

I guess if you want to reduce the variability.
    You would need to create a mod to force a specific starting planet.

8. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

if you want turles, then it should be a new char with all the randomoness involved thats the only "spcie" in Starbounds speedruns.