1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Spicy Eel bug on Switch

Discussion in 'Support' started by boyfriend, Dec 20, 2019.

1. boyfriend

boyfriend Void-Bound Voyager

This is more exploit-y than buggy but considering it makes the player character somewhat difficult to control, I think it’s a bug.

I’ve been playing Stardew on the Nintendo Switch for a bit now and I noticed a bug when consuming Spicy Eel in the Skull Caverns. I first noticed this bug prior to the 1.4 update for Switch and haven’t had a chance to test it with 1.4 because I started a new file.

When eating Spicy Eel in Skull Cavern, the buff effects work as intended on the first use of the item. However, if the player eats a second Spicy Eel while the effects of the first are still valid, the speed buff will stack rather than overwrite the timer on the first buff. This process can be repeated with additional Spicy Eel use. You can get to a point where the player character is moving so fast that it actually becomes difficult to control. The speed effect also persists after the buff timer has run out, and the player character will stay super speedy until they go to bed. Going to 0 HP in Skull Cavern after stacking Spicy Eel buffs does not seem to end the speed effect, it can only be stopped by going to bed or passing out.

Apologies if this has already been patched.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine