RELEASED Spouse Rooms Redesigned Ver 07 28 Nov 2017 for1.2

Redesigns all of the spouse rooms.

1. endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

endermaryn submitted a new mod:

Spouse Rooms (Some) Redesigned for Default and Non-Default - Redesigns the spouse rooms for Alex, Elliott and Harvey.

Read more about this mod...

Flumme, DatRaph, IronZelly and 18 others like this.
    • LilRabbit

LilRabbit Space Hobo

I've actually been looking for a mod like this for ages >.< Elliott's room really did need it badly, I agree!

Personally, Maru's room always bothered me, too. The computers not being on a desk just hurts. I always kinda thought it looked like she was moving out, and that was a disturbing thought since she just moved in :zzz:

If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could make some edits to her room as well? The general stuff is not too bad, but the lack of normal furniture (chairs, tables) just gets to me a bit. Makes it look like a garage, idk

• endermaryn

Yeah, I really don't know why this hasn't been done sooner Makes me happy though. Means I can contribute to the community! :viking:

I can definitely see what you mean about her room. Also, sitting on floor to use her computers must hurt her back. She may be willing to tough it out, but she certainly doesn't need to. :DD

I started working on her room this morning. Baring unseen complications, I should have it finished tonight after work and all that jazz.

Thank you for your suggestions and for the request. I hope you like what I come up with.

BlankSlater likes this.
        • xSkellington

xSkellington Poptop Tamer

Aw, awesome! Now Elliott doesn't look like a stowaway in a ship, and Alex really did need to change his wallpaper :rofl: Excited for Maru's, too!

I like how your edits make the rooms look different from the characters' houses, but still stay true to their personalities. Besides what you've done, the only other thing I could suggest might be Sam's room?
          I just feel like it's too much of a clone of his house, and lacks Sam-typical clutter, which would make it look like he actually writes songs and stuff. He could also have Joja relics strewn about, like those headphones he wears at work or them cola cans (or that joja light you can buy that no one probably does). Maybe pizza too. I can imagine him as a full-time pizza addict... Dunno, I'm just rambling :S

• Taerie

Taerie 2.7182818284590...

Thank you so much for this!! Alex's room desperately needed the make over and you did a perfect job.

• endermaryn

@LilRabbit I've finished Maru's room. :confirm: Let me know if you like it or if there is something you would like me to change. As soon as you okay the room, I'll update the file to include Maru's. :)

[​IMG]

@xSkellington Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to hear that the rooms fit the characters. Staying true to their personalities was important to me. :nod: And thank you for the suggestions regarding Sam's room. I may not be able to Joja Cola it all out. I'll try but I may run into the issue I did with Elliott's flower if I try to import a different tile sheet of images. I'll see what I can do though. At the very least he'll get a crate of Joja Cola (he should enjoy that) and some paper. Among other things. ;)

@Taerie Thank you for the compliment! <3 I am very happy to hear that you liked the changes. :giggle:

BlankSlater likes this.
              • LilRabbit

LilRabbit Space Hobo

Man that was quick! Now Maru's room looks liveable. Can't think of anything I'd want changed, so feel free to upload the file!

Let this be the end to Maru's back problems :love: And +1 for Sam and shameless Joja product placement hehe

• endermaryn

Version 02 is up. Added Maru's room! Also fixed strange tiles in Abigail's room. I do not know how they happened as I did not touch her room at all and they even showed up in the original room file. I wonder if anyone else had a piece of the drumset on her wall or two swords? Anyone currently married to her that downloaded the original file is encouraged to download the update.

Will start working on Sam's room today. :viking:

BlankSlater and xSkellington like this.
                  • endermaryn

@xSkellington Alright, so I have a version of Sam's room done. Tell me what you think. :mspaint: I'll make adjustments if need be. :kitten2:

I unfortunately do not know how to place buyable furniture such as the light. Nor do I know where the headphones are hidden. Neither of those seem to be available through room or town tiles. I tried looking for the food tiles for pizza but couldn't locate them either. Which is unfortunate as a constant supply of pizza would completely fit. If someone knows where any of these items are stored and how to add them, I would appriciate the info. I'll keep looking. For now, Sam will have to be satisfied with an endless supply of homemade cookies (such a hardship, I'm sure! :mwahaha:), his Joja wall ornament and an endless supply of Joja Cola.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2016
                    • Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I like Elliot has a typewriter but I feel I'll miss his large bookcase. Maybe make the shelf into a full fledged bookcase instead of a tiny shelf?

• endermaryn

That is actually one of the things I debated a lot with when I was originally making Elliott's room. :rofl: The reason I went with it is because I thought the large dark shelf made the room look too dark and the large light one did not really fit his personality. I can certainly make the tiny bookshelf into a bigger one though. that would not be a problem. Thank you for your opinion :idea:

I'll edit the room and provide three versions of the shelves for you to look at. Once one is selected, I'll make it a part of the next update alongside Sam's room.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
                        • xSkellington

xSkellington Poptop Tamer

:saywhat: Woah, nice! I had no idea what the joja-ish stuff would look like, but I really like the ornament now that I've seen it. The cola and cookies are a nice touch, too. And all the papers make so much sense :nod:

Sorry I can't be of much help with all the tile locating, though. Regardless, keep it up :up:

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

Really like this mod, thanks.

• endermaryn

Version 3 is up! Added Sam's room! Also, per request, I made Elliott's bookshelf bigger. Because the larger shelf makes the room look darker, I also lightened up the floor and side table. I also gave him back his model ship. :cool:

Enjoy! :cookie:

@Lechet You are most welcome. I am glad you like it! :laugh:

• Mallow<3

Mallow<3 Master Chief

oo the bachelor room overhauls are so good <3
                                dunno if im doing this right... but can i make a request for leah's room? love the way you added clutter to sam's but leah's is just way too clean and empty for an artist. makes no sense to me. i also feel like she hasn't got enough naturey stuff since she loves the forest and all. maybe add more plants?
                                thx for this mod though. may alex make the most out of his much improved wallpaper :rofl:

BlankSlater likes this.
                                • endermaryn

Thank you for the compliment and for the suggestion on Leah's room! It does look rather too neat for an artist. Or at least some artists. My mom's an artist and her workshop is a constant mess! :giggle:
                                  I can definitely do something about her room. :mspaint: Not sure what I can do about clutter but plants will not be a problem. The changes will only make it into the default file (overwrites the vanilla rooms) for now because there is not enough room to put it into the non default file. I would have to replace one of the five rooms I already did in room slots 10-14. If you are planning on using the non default file, then let me know what room you don't mind me overriding and I will put it there. It would be added to the download file as an alternate non default option so that it won't overwrite the room for everyone.

• Mallow<3

Mallow<3 Master Chief

well i use the default file for this mod, but i suppose if one was overridden i wouldn't mind if it was harvey's? harvey's original isn't so bad.
                                    and thx! hope to see your progress soon :poke:

• endermaryn

@Mallow<3 Okay, I have finished Leah's room. :viking: I put art on her wall because what artist has blank walls? I see Leah as a landscape/abstract artist so I put things up to hopefully reflect that (there isn't a lot of abstract art to choose from). But I may have put too much up? Hmm.... Also, I gave her plants! Nice ones (at least the ones I like the most). And a tiny seedling. Oh, and her sculpture. Hey, it's her sculpture and she gave it to the farmer. It makes sense to have it in her room.
                                      There is a picture with ivy on the wall that I put there on a whim. I like it! :kawaii: But I don't really think it's practical for inside so there is a picture that doesn't have it.

Anyway, let me know if you like this or would like me to change or add anything and I will do so. And if you like the ivy on the wall then I'll leave it there :cool: And thank you for the reply. The non default version will have a version that replaces Harvey's room. Good choice ^_^

With ivy:
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Without ivy:
                                      [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2016
                                        Cider likes this.
                                      • Mallow<3

Mallow<3 Master Chief

oh wow its pretty! hmm... while i do like the sculpture, i just feel like having a clone of it makes it seem less unique? i'll probably put the sculpture in leah's room later, but i don't really think it needs to be placed there, since, well, as you said it - she gives the player one on her own.
                                        ivy or no ivy... gosh, that's hard. i guess the ivy is a bit illogical, but it looks really fitting anyway. if you could keep it there, that'd be great. ty again!

• endermaryn

Version 4 is up! Added Leah's room! :fishbowl: I also changed the window's in Alex's room to shorter ones. I think the offset length as they frame the painting looks better. ;)

@Mallow<3 Good point about the sculpture not being unique if there are two of them. I took it out and removed the bear and nightstand and moved the plant over. Hopefully there are enough free spaces to choose from when it comes to placing the sculpture in her room or anything else for that matter. :DD

Last edited: May 30, 2016
                                            buddy4life likes this.