WIP Spouses Move Out

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

It always bothered me how when you get married to a resident that their items just seem to duplicate and appear in your house. This mod will empty out and change the previous living spaces of spouses upon marriage. This mod requires the latest version of SMAPI, Advanced Location Loader and Entoarox Framework..

[UPDATE 03/23/17 - New version 1.2 added! What's new? Well I'll tell ya!
    • Abigail's drumset works!
    • Abigail's hamster is alive again!
    • Abigail's SNES works!
    • Sam's Keyboard works!
    • Shane's Genesis works!
    • Shane only drinks on Fridays!
    • Shane's footprints will only appear when it's raining!
    • Cleaned up some coding
    The flooring outside of your spouse's room will now also match their floor regardless of what spouse you have!

[​IMG]

Download version 1.2 here or below now!

Not available from stardewmods.com or stardewvalleymods.net - Ever!

[UPDATE] 01/23/17 - New version 1.11 added. Does more things plus bug fixes (Harvey's heater vent comes to mind). Download here or below.

[UPDATE] - 01/16/17 - New version v.0.11 added that is compatible with all bachelors/bachelorettes including Abigail & Maru. Note that these changes may not take effect if you're already married- I haven't tested this yet but I've tested all characters and they worked correctly. There are still a few tile changes here and there I plan to change in the next version but this was stable so I figured why not set it off in the wild. Contains map overrides to make it function properly due to some set backs. So if you use replacement files for AnimalShop, HaleyHouse, HarveyRoom, JoshHouse, LeahHouse, SamHouse, ScienceHouse, SebastianRoom, SeedShop or Trailer maps, they will most likely be thrown on the back-burner and replaced with one of these files. If you're using the mod, Yet, Even More Map Edits by Karmylla there is a different version for that- however you'll have to ask her for a link because my mod contains her map files to function properly. Penny has no changes to her room as of yet. The next release should change something there. Always debating on changing the wallpaper but there isn't a lot to choose from default.

[​IMG]

Download the latest version here or from the Nexus.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
      Shellark, Meevers, Ardalis and 4 others like this.
    • Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome ! This is so immersive ! Will it still work since I'm using the Yet, even more Map edits! mod by Karmylla ?

• Androxilogin

From the looks of things, yes. I'm asking that people test, I've married a few different times to test. Some spouses don't have much to rid their areas of. Kinda bothers me so far that I'm having trouble with Maru and Abigail. Hopefully I can get these bugs (along with whatever others find here) out of the way for a full release soon.

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

I'm married to Alex but nothing seems to have changed in his room. I think Karmylla's mod or any edit of the interiors may prevent your mod from taking effect.
          Anyway, this mod is a great idea. I've always been a fan of your mods. 'hope things go your way :nuruflirt:
          ] Alex's room.png

• Androxilogin

Hmm. It looks as though the items this mod is supposed to remove aren't in their correct places causing it to just do nothing at all. I may make a compatibility patch for Karmylla's versions. thanks for testing! I've got many more mods up my sleeve I've been holding onto until the new ALL was released so keep a look out. ;) I'm trying to get something extraordinary released before Christmas. Also looking into a "DLC-sized" entry to my madness.. after bug squashing these other things.

Karmylla, Harzelora and Cemo like this.
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

This is a great idea, to make things a lot more realistic in game!
              If there is a way I can help you with the compatibility patch with my mod, PM me!

Androxilogin, Cemo and Harzelora like this.
              • Androxilogin

Apologies for the late response, I often overlook things. Unfortunately I'll have to enter everything manually however it really shouldn't be all too much work. I'll get around to it whenever I can get my mind strait-set to it.

[EDIT] Looking over your mod, some fine work there. I'm loving Maru's new basement look. I may get to work on this in the morning however, this will have to be specifically FOR your mod being that the layout is different. Also it will only be for those available candidates. Feel free to add it to your thread when finished as a link to this thread or a reupload, whatever's more convenient for you. I may face the same problems with Maru and Abigail, also. I'm not sure if these problems can be resolved at the moment unfortunately.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
                  Karmylla likes this.
                • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

It's okay, it's more of a bonus for those who enjoy my edits! And it's unfair that you do all the work, so if you actually go through with it, please tell me what I can do to help!
                  And thank you for your kind words, Maru's basement was a joy to edit, and I intend to make a mod so the player can get to it, later on! First, I need to end the other maps :p

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Karmylla send me to your mod, after I had the same idea about the spouse rooms. It's so cool, that you already working on it. :D I had the suggestion that Marnie could use Shanes old room for storage hay and food for animals or something like this, after he went out. While I thought Alex room could become little emptier, but I'm pretty sure George and Evelyn wouldn't arrange a completely new room in there house. Perhaps Evelyn had little more space for some indoor flower-arrangements, but they sure would let the bed in it's place. In case their grandson came for a visit. ^^

• Androxilogin

There is a working version I sent to Karmylla and have given permission for her to reupload it to her thread since it contains her original map edits. I understand that Abigail is also in the works. My edits basically only remove what is added to the farmhouse upon marriage at the moment, leaving traces of the former inhabitant behind. Some will be reworked. I've also been working with alternating stock. Such as Marnie gets hay on Mondays, barrels on Wednesdays, boxes on Thursday and logs on Friday. I forget what mod I was putting that into (Cleanup Crew maybe?). Anyway, if you use default versions of the maps, I've just updated this resource (although if you don't, this mod should l override these changes and do as it does non-destructively regardless.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
                      • otterpus

otterpus Poptop Tamer

Okay, so every time I put this mod in ALL it breaks Abigail's room in my house. I've tried disabling other mods, but nothing seems to fix it. It's a shame, of all the mods I downloaded I wanted this one the most. :/

It may be that the mod does not work correctly if you're already married, as you mentioned? In which case I need to install the mod, then divorce and remarry Abigail. Unfortunately, I am not far enough in the game to be able to do this easily.

• Androxilogin

I've had this happen in mine as well but went I went to fix it it seemed to start working correctly. I think it was updating SMAPI to the latest version that fixed it for me. Entoarox Framework and ALL must be the latest version as well but you're probably aware.. SMAPI always has updates I don't even know about until later on when multiple things start breaking.

• otterpus

otterpus Poptop Tamer

I only just downloaded all the mods today, so I am assuming each one is the latest version.
                            I have SMAPI 1.8, Entoarox 1.6.6, and ALL 1.2.9

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
                            • Androxilogin

Hmm.. I think it just works itself in after about a gameplay week or so. I'll keep doing some tests and correct it if I can.

• otterpus

otterpus Poptop Tamer

Dunno if these will help, but here yah go. I will go ahead and install the mod and see if it un-f***s itself after a while. :3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, thank you for responding so quickly, I really appreciate the help. <3 <3 <3

• Androxilogin

No problem, I like to try to make sure things are working properly for everyone. And sorry it hasn't been!

Looked over your log and seems to be loading up smoothly. When mine was messing up I was just getting pixel errors, not the whole room missing. Which is strange in itself to me because it doesn't even edit the spouserooms.xnb.

• otterpus

otterpus Poptop Tamer

Which is why I was so confused, but when I remove the mod from ALL the room is fixed, so it must be the problem.

• Androxilogin

Yep, same here. I'll check over every line as soon as I finish getting my current workload ready.

• Androxilogin

New Version 1.2 released! Please see the first post of this thread for a changelog!

I've also cleaned up the code quite a bit so maybe this will fix things for you!

otterpus likes this.
                                        • otterpus

otterpus Poptop Tamer

FUCK 20170324195431_1.jpg
                                          YES 20170324203906_1.jpg
                                          Thank you so much Andro. I love this mod. Muh immersions. <3

DreamerDrop and Androxilogin like this.