1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Spouses outside room Bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Senpai Deadly, May 10, 2019.

1. Senpai Deadly

Senpai Deadly Space Spelunker

I have a bug that involves issues with the room that the Spouses add to your Farm when they move in. NOT the spouse rooms INSIDE of the farmhouse, but rather the other room they add that's northeast to the outside of the Farmhouse, right next to the entrance to the place connecting to the Bus & Pelican Town. (Example: Shane's Chicken Hut on the Farm) I believe I have accidently replaced an xnb file in my stardew valley folders and it bugged out that room, and it makes it appear like 3/4 of the building is underground. I do not know how to fix this or what file to replace. So if anyone could tell me the file or what I should do to fix it, that would be very helpful.
    upload_2019-5-10_16-38-22.png upload_2019-5-10_16-38-22.png upload_2019-5-10_16-38-22.png

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The spouse areas are part of the spring_outdoorsTileSheet (and similarly named files for the other seasons.) If you don't have backups, resetting your content files will remove all xnb mods and restore the base game files.

• Senpai Deadly

I replaced them all with the original ones, and the spouse room still stayed the same, I dont know why. I did not replace the summer tile sheet, but I replaced all the other seasons files (including the fall file, which is the season I am on) but it still stayed the same. Does it have to have all of the files at the same time or no

• MouseyPounds

If you have completely reset the content files and the problem is still there, then another possibility is that a content patcher or SMAPI mod is overriding the tilesheet. Try temporarily disabling all mods and see if the problem persists.

• Senpai Deadly

how do i temporarily disable all the mods?

• MouseyPounds

Easiest way is to either run Stardew Valley.exe instead of SMAPI or temporarily rename your "Mods" folder to something else.

• Senpai Deadly

yes, it isn't a mod causing the problems. d
                o you mind adding me on discord or some platform where you can send me the tilesheet files so I can see if The original files will fix it?

• MouseyPounds

Resetting the content files is all you need to do to get the original files back. See the wiki link which describes that process (including a way to use it to only restore certain files). As for discord, you can always join the Stardew Valley discord and come to the #modding channel to ask for further help.