Sprite theft?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by sugarhoneybee, Mar 26, 2021.

1. sugarhoneybee

sugarhoneybee Void-Bound Voyager

Well it took more work than I was expecting to find my answer, but it I found the OG mod and it is indeed from a different modder. Thankfully I was quick on finding it. It was behind a mature content flag so finding it took some google search modifying.

Still! I would be hesitant in downloading the file mentioned below since it's opted in for donation points which again, seems like the secondary mod poster is making money off of the original design. I'd recommend downloading the original and making it compatible with the content patcher manually but that's just what I think.

Sorry for the confusion!

Hello everyone, I am super confused right now because if I'm correct someone is offering my guro cow sprites on Nexus??? (A sprite I was planning on adding into my guro/glitch texture pack now that I'm in a stable enough position to get back to modding) It's credited to someone else who I can't even find any info on. Additionally, I can't find where I would've posted this mod so now I'm even questioning whether this design is mine or not (I have paranoia so now I'm worried I'm wrong about being the artist who made this).
    Sorry if this is against the forum rules btw ( I didn't see any rules against this kind of post ) but I really think this is something that I need help resolving, especially since they're apparently making money off it through donation points.

So, as stated above, someone stole my guro cow design? Like pretty sure...
    Note the neck and leg are cut and there are little floaty blood specks. The only difference is two additional color variants (I may or may not have these in my laptop somewhere. Either way, still my design) and some color changes on the lines.
    Also note that I don't just have cows in my guro sprites folder. I've searched google, tumblr and nexus itself and haven't found any of my other guro designs.
    [​IMG]
    Under normal circumstances I would say feel free to download it but like I stated above, that mod is opted in to receive donation points so as far as I'm aware they're literally getting paid to host my designs which is uhhh not okay???

Here's the properties tab on two of my designs for proof of the creation date. (2/24/2017)
    This date can be compared to my pastel textures which were made on the 25th of that month and year and are currently available for download here on chucklefish.
    [​IMG]

If you can provide any advice or links to the OG design that'd be super duper helpful. I don't mind being wrong, I just want to get this squared away so I can decide if I need to take any action. Thank you!
    - Cub

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021