1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Stable [Pleased Giraffe] Augments Reborn! [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by TanzNukeTerror, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonerMk2

StonerMk2 Void-Bound Voyager

Haha no worries. Found the crash last night and was trying to figure out what was causing it so deleted everything and started from scratch ( i tend to be a bit lazy and refuse to delete characters or whatnot until i discover a problem) and finally narrowed it down the the human chest piece. Glad i could help though xD Great mod btw.

2. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

Thankfully, my testing has shown that this mod is pretty safe to install and uninstall. At least, I haven't experienced any issues after uninstalling it.

Aw, thanks. c:

Some balance tweaks coming as well, but may be subject to change in the future.

3. TanzNukeTerror

4. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Would it be compatibled with nightly? Also, do you plan on adding versions for the biggest races mods such as Avali(Triage) and etc?

But good mod! I'm looking foward on how this will unfold.

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  5. TanzNukeTerror

Nightly support, probably.

Stable mod support? Sure. :D Just not super soon. Gotta cover all the bases in Vanilla first.

6. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

I feel like the Glitch trait (Agility) should be swapped with Humans' (Regeneration). It makes more sense for a robot to be able to repair itself (regen) and a human to be agile :nurudapper:

7. TanzNukeTerror

I figured it also made a bit more sense for androids to run and jump better than humans. And for humans to have a bit of a natural regen. But stuff can still be tossed around in the future. c:

8. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Good point :up:

9. TanzNukeTerror

10. Kokiri Minish

Kokiri Minish Space Penguin Leader

11. TanzNukeTerror

No clue. I was thinking maybe just run speed, but I'm not 100% on that yet. I'll probably toss some more stuff together and see what ideas I get. Since I updated early, I have plenty of time to do so.

Kokiri Minish likes this.
  12. Kokiri Minish

Cool.Maybe you could find a way to make these bonuses work in vanity slots.So there is more reason to collect them?

13. TanzNukeTerror

Probably not. With how armor works, it would also allow people to be running around in double T6 armor and have double the stats.

I might expand to head and pants armor, but no guarantees. I'll probably have to learn more lua to make more interesting effects or abilities.

14. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Vanity slots disable any effects they may give. There is no way around this.

15. Kokiri Minish

I know I know but I once saw a terrarira mod(Exxo Avalon) that applied an affect by having it in a vanity slot.I don't know anything about starbound modding so I thought something similar could be achieved. I apologize for my stupidity.

16. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Its not stupidity, its ignorance. I was just informing you that its not possible currently to do what you were thinking.

17. Kokiri Minish

RUTHLESS!!!DAMN SON YOU HAVE A COLD HEART!!!

18. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

I love the idea of this mod. Let me throw out some random ideas:

Give Glitch armor resistance to negative status effects. Because robots really should be immune to poisons and they should have a higher tolerance to heat and fire than living creatures.

Back items suggestions:

Quiver - reduced energy consumption when firing bows.
    Turtle Shell - increased armor. Possibly auto-block attacks to the player's back like a shield if that's possible.
    Back Spear, Hunter's Knife - monsters drop hunting loot (raw meat, leather, etc) even if they aren't killed with a hunting knife, spear or bow.
    Explosive Barrel - small chance to cause explosion upon being hit by an enemy attack. Explosion damages enemies significantly more than the player so the effect is useful but risky.
    Tail Items - reduced fall damage (better balance)
    Backpack items - more inventory slots (is that possible?)

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  19. Kokiri Minish

I'm not sure but hes not adding new items he modifying current ones.He might add those in the future but they sound super complicated to code

20. Mythrrinthael

Mythrrinthael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I got the same kind of error as StonerMk2, but with Hyotl chestpieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.