1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Stable [Pleased Giraffe] Augments Reborn! [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by TanzNukeTerror, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I have an idea, why not have armour give more then one effect at a time? Now the effects would not all be to the same level, but they would allow things to fit each race better. Florans for example could regen enegry, deal more damge and move faster then average. Now the rate of movement buff would be low, and a race like the Apex would have a much higher buff to movement speed. This would atke a lot more effort, but would end up with a much nicer result.

Another thing to think about is that some races would add things that deal with their weaknesses to their armour. The Hyotl would likely be weak to posion since they likely absord stuff easily though their skin for example. This means they would add more protection against toxic attacks then say the humans would.

2. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

TanzNukeTerror updated Stable [Pleased Giraffe] Augments Reborn! with a new update entry:

Fixed crash with Hylotl armor, fixed errors in Starbound.log

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1447004790][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Fixed

Already planned. As you can imagine, though, it's fairly complicated. So it's going to take a while. But fear not, it's on its way. However, Florans are not going to get energy regen. The only gun they use, is the Needler. Mostly, they're a primitive, stabby race. I used Tiy's super old IRC screenshot as a start for this mod, but Florans having energy regen -- which they'd never use -- doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I will be removing it from the Apex as well, when I release the 'multi-buff' update.

Not planned. The multi-buff update is already going to give more buffs to areas where each species should probably excel. I want to avoid buffing where each species would be weak, as this would mean I would have to find more downsides to add to each species.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  3. Zachary1428

Zachary1428 Yeah, You!

Hey Man can i make a suggestion about the scroll?
    the scroll would be a mixture of both Health and Energy Regeneration and putting additional damage,
    i don't know how to put it in math, but please do balance it like it's not as effective as the human's health regen or the apex's energy regen

4. TanzNukeTerror

This mod's mostly on the back burner as I get a few others ready to upload. But the extra stuff for the crayons and stuff, were just going to be particle effects.

That, and abilities are being juggled around and rebalanced, so extra stuff will have to wait a tiny bit longer.

5. TanzNukeTerror

6. Mythrrinthael

Mythrrinthael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is a good mod. Will you be doing an other type of mod now?

7. TanzNukeTerror

Here's a list of stuff I'll be doing once Glad Giraffe hits Stable, in no particular order:
    • Update all my current Pleased Giraffe mods for Glad Giraffe. (Obviously. :rofl:)
    • Progression overhaul (I'll have to play through a couple times to decide what exactly I want to change, but I've been waiting for Glad Giraffe, to do this.)
    • More Craftables (A bit of a personal mod, but I'll probably end up releasing it. Will basically just make more blocks and stuff, craftable.)
    • Recipe and shop reorganization (Yeah, half of this has been done, but I don't like using other peoples' mods. :c)
    • See what I can do with Many Seeds. There's stone types and stuff that have grass on them, so I want to try to expand to include those.
    • Probably another overhaul in there somewhere. I'm very slowly working on one, but I feel like I'm going to have to restart with Glad Giraffe, so I haven't done any more work on it.
    • A couple other things.

And when Glad Giraffe hits, this mod is getting taken down.

8. Mythrrinthael

Mythrrinthael Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see. You've got a lot of stuff to keep you busy then. I really think your Many Seeds mod is underrated. It's great to add that final touch after you're done with a building project.

9. TanzNukeTerror

Many Seeds is one of my favorites. I haven't used it much, but I've figured out I might need to make a few seeds plant-able on tiles without mods. (So, without being tilled.) Some rocks have grass, and I don't want tillable rocks, you know? But I'm not sure how this would affect gameplay. So I'll have to play around first.

It'll get more popular as I update it, probably. Even if not, I'm glad to see at least one other person enjoys it. c:

10. TanzNukeTerror

This mod has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.