Stamina and sleep

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pangaearocks, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Has this changed in 1.4? I'm pretty sure we could stay up to 1am before without having less stamina the next day, but now it's midnight? I've gone to bed a few times at 1230 and 1250 and I wake up with e.g. 355/406 stamina next day.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

This hasn't changed; it was always after midnight that some stamina was not recovered

Anhaga likes this.
      • Pangaearocks

Huh, I must have missed that then somehow. Was sure it didn't decrease if I got into bed before 1am, so would often go to bed between midnight and 1am. Oh well. Better to know now than never :D

• Anhaga

Anhaga Master Chief

It's not that it decreases after midnight (unless you're using it, of course), it's that it doesn't recover to full if you go to sleep after midnight. If it's decreasing, that might be new.

Now I have to go test it . . .

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

The penalty for not sleeping by midnight is steeper after 1am; the lost regenerative capacity does not quite increase linearly. For every 10 minutes past midnight, you lose 2.5%, so for instance if you went to bed at 12.30am, you'd lose 7.5% reduced energy, ie you wake up with 92.5% of max energy.

But, there is an additional penalty applied at 1am, of a flat 10% on top, so going to bed at 1.30am would leave you with 10+(9*2.5) = 32.5% reduced energy, or 67.5% max energy

• Pangaearocks

Thanks @One More Day. Could be I didn't notice before because it was nearly filled up then.

Thought I had read it somewhere (about 1am without "penalty"), but I looked up relevant pages on the wiki and couldn't see it, so I must just be imagining things.