1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Starbound 1.0+] Tanz' Lighting Overhaul! 1.4.1

Overhauled lighting system with loads of customization!

1. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

2. Yev

Yev Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Simple, configurable to personal taste and makes everything look just that much better. It's gotten pretty hard to play starbound without this.

That said I'd like to request a minor customization option: to have tesla spikes be excluded from being pointlights.
    Mostly to do with the amount of them whenever they tend to appear, most notably parts of the apex obstacle course dungeons, making the game slow down significantly for me (and probably others with slightly weaker machines), in turn making the dungeon next to impossible to get through.
    and I don't really want to have to exit the game and disable the main part of this mod every time I'm feeling masochistic enough to clear that dungeon.
    (Doubly so because odds are I forget to put it back afterwards and get culture shocked when I arrive at one of my bases.)

3. TanzNukeTerror

Oh god, I forgot I hadn't removed those. No wonder my frames drop so terribly when near them. As if the animation wasn't enough.

It's on the list! I'll remove tesla spikes' shadows for the next patch! c: There's a few things I'm going to add, too. It'll probably be out when Glad Giraffe hits stable.

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

is there possibly a version of this for Spirited Giraffe?

5. TanzNukeTerror

I don't have previous versions of Starbound, so unfortunately, no. I will be updating for Glad Giraffe as well, once that hits Stable.

6. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

ok... hope i can eventually afford to get the real game so i can get the more recent versions. i do not like permanently pirating stuff, so when and if i can i try to buy it to make it legit

7. TanzNukeTerror

Actually, I have a spare key lying around. I'll shoot you a PM.

8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

TanzNukeTerror: a true bro.

9. TanzNukeTerror

I try to be. c:

I've actually done it once before, but that was on Reddit. I'm thinking maybe when I'm really financially stable, I'll give a copy away now and then. c:

10. TanzNukeTerror

11. Muffintrain

Muffintrain Subatomic Cosmonaut

Question for Glad Giraffe update: Does this remove the absolutely horrid blue light (from the thrusters) that seeps into your ship?

12. TanzNukeTerror

Unfortunately, no. :c Something was changed somewhere, and I can't figure out what. Nothing in the ship files, and nothing big in the thruster object files. (Tags and sound format was all.)

Edit: From IRC just now:

<TanzNukeTerror> Hey kyren_ , ship thrusters now shine through the ship walls into the ship. Is this intended? It gives everything inside a weird blue glow. :c
    <kyren_> not really TanzNukeTerror, I think it was an accident after updating how light parameters were set
    <kyren_> it'll be fixed
    <TanzNukeTerror> That's good to know. c:

13. TanzNukeTerror

14. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm running a pc with bad total memory (2gb) and a HP HD 4000 right now, so if I need to delete the mod due to performance loss should there be any issues?

15. TanzNukeTerror

There shouldn't be, no. I've done some testing and haven't come across anything. If there is, though, let me know and I'll attempt to resolve it for the next version.

16. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Sure thing! And are you aware of any means to make the game close standby biomes faster? It could greatly help reducing the memory cost ( I have a i5, it does it's job, but due to a win10 bios forced update I can only run with 32bits and 2gb, previously 64 bits and 8gb, stupid Dell).

17. TanzNukeTerror

No idea, honestly. That seems like a core function of the game, and that's probably hardcoded. All I do is change objects you can interact with in-game. And possibly in future mods, add some.

18. LordSable

LordSable Big Damn Hero

The latest version (1.3.1) does not seem to work...I have the main modpack and brightaura installed (was working with version 1.2.9). I've tried renaming the files to the same as they were with 1.2.9 but it make no difference. Not sure what is going on.

19. TanzNukeTerror

I've just finished double-checking, and on my end, it works. Can you PM me a screenshot of your mods folder with the latest (1.3.1) update unedited?

Below are two screenshots I've just taken. One with the default aura, and one with bright aura.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. LordSable

LordSable Big Damn Hero