1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound Audio is audible, yet very quiet, even on max settings

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Artyom Saveli, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Artyom Saveli

Artyom Saveli Space Hobo

Ever since the 30th of September, of this year, I've been running into an issue where the sound, while present, is very quiet. I checked the in-game menu, and while the music is at 0 (intentionally) the sfx slider was still on 100; yet it was near deaf to listen to. I checked my PC's sound mixer, and it was still at max; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game before playing it, without any Steam mods, and I still ran into a sound issue. I'm not even sure where to go to for answers. I tried googling it; I got nothing, I posted a discussion on SB's community page; I'm still waiting on a response, and I tried looking it up on YT; I still got nothing, except for a bunch of unrelated stuff involving apple phones.

Wth do I do?

2. Lunar Eye Gaming

Lunar Eye Gaming Phantasmal Quasar

I'm running into the same issue as what you described here. The best workaround that I know of is to raise the volume of your speakers and decrease the volume of everything else.
    I also noticed that on rare occasions, the game's volume returns back to normal for a bit. I have no idea why it does this at all. Have you experienced this too?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  3. Galactakiller

Galactakiller Big Damn Hero

It'd be interesting to look forward to that, as I also have the same issue !