1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Starbound breaked my pc

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Gabi Hard, Aug 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Gabi Hard

Gabi Hard Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Guys! Last month on 06 07 2021 (dd mm yyyy) i played a little too much starbound... with breakes... my screen flickered and i saw white lines on my screen. On 07 07 2021 01:30AM, i shutted down my pc, in the morning before go to high school i tried to turn on my pc...And surprise it won t started, only NO SIGNAL ON MONITOR... I tried to change everything, source , motherboard (i made few mistakes and i broked it :) ) , i changed cpu ... I don t had moneys for another videocard and i wasn t tried it... rx 460 4gb... And i tried to find a friend what owns a pc (i m in a village with bad economy)... I tested the video card and same error on his pc too ... Idk what to to now :(... I want to warn you about white VERTICAL LINES in-game... If you see this in game, turn off game imediatlly! PLAY IN WINDOWED and go to games config file and FALSE the vSync... I hope this prevented damage to your pc. SEE YA!

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Perhaps the problem is in the monitor, its cable, or the video card. Overheat may be the cause, since you said you played too much. But other factor of overheat may also be coming from an improper cooling system of your PC. Therefore chance of overheat is higher when the computer is working hard.

And yes, vertical sync cause lagging to Starbound in some computers.

3. Gabi Hard

Gabi Hard Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, im back... My PC has really really nice cooling system, including videocard has 2 coolers...

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well, there are also a lot of factors that can affect cooling performance.

5. icegriffon

icegriffon Star Wrangler

Looks like Videocard overheat/malfunction to me.
    I also need an upgrade to a more powerful PC for SB, it is marginally playable on my current one...

6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

For starbound, mainly make sure the processor is high speed; since the graphics are hardly using the gpu at all.... plenty of ram. I would still keep gpu in mind, mainly for other games.

7. DemChanges

DemChanges Void-Bound Voyager

GPU is optional. 4GB GDDR5 is more then enough but other things need to be highend Starbound needs a beefy CPU, i7 at least the game must be on a good SSD and you need tons of RAM nowadays for anything. 16 doesn't cut it anymore. My friend is still on 8 and he is pretty much suffering performance losses and even his PC locking up at time while he working only because of RAM.

And a rant about PC in general.
    It's really pathetic how they said that we will go to a new OS and new HTML5 because it's more optimal yet we need new highend components. So much about optimization when the compatibility is out the window with each update...