Starbound Codex 2.0 - a Starbound news/reference app for Android

Discussion in 'Other Fan Creations' started by Rocks25, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Rocks25

Rocks25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey guys!

Some of you may remember me and Starbound Codex from a couple of years ago (wow it's been that long already?) when I was more active with updating this app.

For those of you who don't know about Starbound Codex, read the rest of the post. But TL;DR: it's a Starbound news and wiki app for your android phone.

Well anyways, I've been extremely busy with university, but after 2 years, I'm back! And Starbound Codex 2.0 is here as of a few days ago! I've almost completely rewritten Starbound Codex and it finally has some of the wiki reference material features I promised so long ago.

You can find the app here. Or search 'Starbound Codex' on the Google Play app store.

Here are some highlights:
    • Keep up to date with official news from the Starbound dev blog; right on your phone!
    • Get notifications whenever there is a new news post! (customize-able refresh rate).
    • News posts open right in the app (gifs and videos play as well); no need to open your browser!
    • Search the starbound wiki and view wiki articles right from the app! (fully functional, but still working on improvements. Suggestions are welcome).
    • New interface design that more closely follows material design principles, while still keeping a Starbound-like feel.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions or find any issues. Also, please submit bug reports from the app if it crashes.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy the update! Hopefully this will provide a little excitement while we all wait for Starbound 1.0!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. newcomer3

newcomer3 Big Damn Hero

Awesome idea, but now I'm sad I don't have an Android.

3. WolfWave

WolfWave Big Damn Hero

Just downloaded it onto my s7. It runs really nice and its cool to use. I just wish the UI was darker or something as to fit the space theme instead of blue-grey-greenish colour. (Just donated' cause im nice like that.)