1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Starbound Comic, The Novakid's experience (UPDATE!NEW PAGE)

Discussion in 'Art' started by UnexplainedKiller, Jul 20, 2016.

1. UnexplainedKiller

UnexplainedKiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

UPDATE PAGE 7 HAS BEEN ADDED
    see it in the replies!

Well, these are the few comics I've made so far, they're kinda bad since they're rushed and I didn't think most people would enjoy it. I mean, it's mostly based on how I'm playing, but I'm slowly interpreting it into a story of some kind.
    Suggestions, comments, ideas, are very welcomed!
    And if there was any fan art that would be literally amazing. (not asking for it if you don't want to lol)
    I am pretty new to this whole thread thing so don't bash me lol

This Novakid's name is Sammy, cause why not?
    Their pet aboard the ship's name is Scotchy!

I will be updating the story as well as the comic
    WRITTEN STORY
    ---

Well here we have our little novakid Sammy, a ecstatic and curious one at that! What's this? His ship is breaking?! Oh no!
    Argh, the ship went to emergency mode and locked all stations! Leaving his little pet Scotchy behind! D:
    Huh? There's a strange voice talking to him! And it belongs to a horse?! Who woulda thought!
    Wait he's saying something important..

"..You'll need 20 Core fragments to repair the ship.." They say,
    Sammy looks behind him to the big window to see the planet below him, this is where he must obtain these cores!

Being a brave and curious little novakid he is, Sammy immediately teleports himself down without a further thought!

Here he is met with a .. orange fish thing?! Oh well, it looks friendly! Sammy reaches out his hand to pet it, but suddenly, the fish thing bares his fishy fangs! The fish thing jumps out at Sammy! How rude. Scared and frightened, Sammy scrambles to his feet to try to run away, but alas, the fish has biten him! Of all the places the fish monster had to bite right on his.. soft sitting tool part of his body..
    Angry! Alarmed! Flustered! Sammy yelps in pain and quickly reaches for the fish monster and kicks him far away!
    It's pretty impressive on how far he kicked , he thought he even saw a glint in the sky like when team rocket gets thrown into the air far, far up.

Rubbing his soft hurting seating compartment, he walks up among the grassy hill hoping nto to find anymore of these scandalous little things. But what he did find, was a tall, tall wooden structure! Oh goody!!
    He runs up the hill screaming "Heyyyy!"
    --
    Tune in for next time!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Lodish, Alkanthe and rhomboid like this.
  2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

;A; cute

3. UnexplainedKiller

Thank you! tbh this was made before the big ol update and my previous character was deleted :'D
    so making this into more is slightly harder aha lol

4. rhomboid

8D sounds like an excuse to make more! @Miss Alkane ping for traffic

Alkanthe likes this.
  5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh wow! These are adorable!

UnexplainedKiller likes this.
  6. UnexplainedKiller

yes! haha, im going to upload a new one i just finished now!
    & omg thank you!
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you so much! I love to hear that some people so far have enjoyed my stuff ^u^

rhomboid and Alkanthe like this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Who's this handsome devil?

Attached Files:

UnexplainedKiller and rhomboid like this.
  8. rhomboid

no man you gotta post it in a new post so i can give you likes ;-;
    i mean i guess i could like your about-to post, but still.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  9. UnexplainedKiller

OH MY GOSH YOU ARE AMAZING
    Thank you so much this makes me so happy- uvu
    --- Post updated ---
    oh man xD i guess i could try doing that :0
    --- Post updated ---
    Lo and behold, the seventh page is here!
    -
    After finding the building, Sammy saw a metallic looking figure sitting up in the tower. Thus, trying to get it's attention, he screamed and shouted.
    "HEY"
    "HEY!"
    "HEY!"

-
    Tired. Stormwatch was resting in his tower after gazing upon the mighty skies. However, that soon came to a stop since he heard a loud voice screaming and such.
    Aware. Stormwatch looked over behind him. He saw a blue glowing man jumping up and down and screaming their lungs out if they had any.
    Enlightened. Using his friendly charm, Stromwatch greeted the young gentleman. He had never saw them before, and would like to become their friend!

-
    Finally! The robotic metal life form finally acknowledged him! And he's friendly too! Sammy is hyped to meet this new individual and learn everything possible!
    Sammy races to the stairs screaming "THANK YOUUUUUUUUU" to further advance his adventure.

-

sam the nova kid 7.png

Ferociousfiend and rhomboid like this.
  10. rhomboid

adorable ;o;

UnexplainedKiller likes this.