1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound crashing everytime it starts for the first time

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sarius Drake, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Sarius Drake

Sarius Drake Aquatic Astronaut

I've been playing Starbound for 3 years now, and I loved it since day 1. But since the 1.0 came out, Starbound would crash everytime I'd start it for the first time after turning on the computer. The next time it would start without a problem, but the problem reveals itself in the game itself. After some time I'd get missing textures, messed up textures that shouldn't be in the area I'm in at that moment. But the biggest problem: I can't finish the story. As soon as i unlock the Hylotl mission, the Grand Pagoda Library, everytime I'd try to start it the game would just spawn me back to my ship after the teleportation cutscene. I deinstalled the game multiple times, when i check it for errors via steam it says it's fine, and i also tried to delete everything starbound-related from my computer, but it still happens. This has been a problem for me for a long time now and im kinda desperate by now, since nothing helped. Here is the message i get when i start Starbound for the first time when it crashes:
    Fatal Error: Access violation detected at 01169023 (Read of address 00000008) [0] a89e7a Star::captureStack
    [1] a8a0b2 Star::fatalError [2] a85972 Star::SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline [3] 108635b
    <lambda_e284610c0e9ebf57602b633cd66f66dc>::<lambda_invoker_cdecl>
    [4] 6c7441b8 [5] 6c7c3cf9 SDL_LogCritical [6] 6c81af7e SDL_LogCritical [7] 773437eb RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    [8] 773437be RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Oh yeah something I forgot was that when I start Starbound for the second time all my graphic assets got reset and the fullscreen resolution goes back to 800x600 instead of 1680x1050 which I used before. And I'm not using any mods, this problem happens to me with vanilla Starbound. Don't know if that helps you, but thanks for reading! Have a nice day :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017