1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. Kaldgord

Kaldgord Void-Bound Voyager

Any eta on the new update ? would love to try this mod.

2. Lefl

Lefl Phantasmal Quasar

was able to get it almost updated by myself, works fine but when updgrading the ship the game is freezing but you can still move your character but cannot interact with the world pressing Save & Quit crashes the whole game then.

This error is spammed when that happens:

Code:
    Error: UniverseServer: exception caught: (MapException) Entry with key '1' already present.
    ./starbound(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC2EPKcNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE+0x6e) [0x127eeae]
    ./starbound(_ZN4Star12MapExceptionC2ENSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE+0x58) [0x8f29f8]
    ./starbound(_ZN4Star3MapIjNS_6StringESt13unordered_mapIjS1_NS_4hashIjvEESt8equal_toIjESaISt4pairIKjS1_EEEE3addEjS1_+0x99) [0xdefac9]
    ./starbound(_ZN4Star14UniverseServer18worldDiedWithErrorENS_3AnyIJNS_23CelestialWorldIdWrapperINS_19CelestialCoordinateEEENS_24ClientShipWorldIdWrapperINS_4UuidEEENS_15InstanceWorldIdEEEE+0x59) [0xdd4b89]
    ./starbound(_ZN4Star14UniverseServer22shutdownInactiveWorldsEv+0x369) [0xddbdf9]
    ./starbound(_ZN4Star14UniverseServer3runEv+0x3d5) [0xde4785]
    ./starbound(_ZN4Star10ThreadImpl9runThreadEPv+0x1a) [0x128888a]
    /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x74a4) [0x7f973b5ee4a4]
    /usr/lib/libc.so.6(clone+0x6d) [0x7f973a66013d]
    Error: UniverseServer: World thread has stopped due to an error, removing world ClientShipWorld:85181a02998b7b57abb75d027a0bbfb2

3. Kaldgord

You planning on make it working with the updates ? Can you share via pm ?

4. tommyct

tommyct Void-Bound Voyager

any news on update status ?

5. Kaldgord

Would love to know about an update for the new year.

6. bofspaladin

bofspaladin Void-Bound Voyager

hey does anyone know how to fix the jsong: get portrait frames. it says no such thing exists how do i fix

7. Jebediah4

Jebediah4 Aquatic Astronaut

Hi! I have updated the mod and I think (I have not tested it much) I have a working copy. I have fixed the get portrait frames thing by adding the line "portraitFrames" : "portraits/humanportrait.png", in the "value" : {} section for all the races in the ai.config.patch file in the SMEE_v0.3.1\ai folder. I have fixed many more bugs with it and I would like to post a download here, but the mod page says "You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod." I will send a PM to team SMEE and await their response.

8. Kaldgord

Awesome. Could you possibly share it privately ? Does the ship work too ?

9. Jebediah4

The ship is working. I wish I could share it, but I haven't received a response back from team SMEE yet. Perhaps I could get a faster response from the dev's skype.

10. Resonat

Resonat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Anybody able to add the Terminus armor?

11. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

According to their profile they last logged in on May 17 2015......I don't think there's very good odds you'll hear from them anytime soon. Do you know the members and their personal accounts on here to see if any was active recently and try to contact him/her to maybe get permission that way? It looks pretty damn certain like this mod was abandoned.

12. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I think @Pfhoenix is part of SMEE if I am not mistaken and he was last active on January 16 2016.....try contacting him.

Edit.....oh you already have contacted him.....my bad.

13. Kaldgord

One can only hope. any news at all ?

14. Jebediah4

No message back yet. I will send another message to the dev Kinsem on Skype.

15. Silveressa

Silveressa Subatomic Cosmonaut

So any word on this? I recently updated the game and got back into it and really would love to continue using this mod.

16. Jebediah4

Here is how I made it work in the latest version:

Tools Required:
    - Notepad++

1. Start with a fresh, unmodified copy of SMEE v0.3.1. Download a new one if you need to. Put it in the mods folder.

2. Download a race selection menu mod of your choosing. I found SolaerSelect to work fine.

When booting it up at this point, you should see an error that reads:
    'Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occured during loading: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("portraitFrames")'

3. In the ai folder of SMEE, open the file named ai.config.patch. Find all instances of the line:
    "value" : {
    (ctrl+f, paste it into the 'find what' field and click 'Find All in Current Document). There should be 3 of them. After each one, paste the line:
    "portraitFrames" : "portraits/humanportrait.png",
    and save and close the file.

Starbound should now boot to the main menu. Create a new character with one of SMEE's races and start it up in singleplayer. Your next error should read:
    'You were disconnected from the server for the following reason: Client ship world has errored.'

4. Go to SMEE\objects\generic\smeeEquipmentModStationoff, open smeeemodstationoff.object and change the line
    "sounds" : [ "/sfx/interface/ship_error1.wav" ]
    to
    "sounds" : [ "/sfx/interface/ship_error1.ogg" ]
    also delete the line
    "objectType" : "noisy",
    and save the file

5. Go to SMEE\objects\generic\smeeEquipmentModStation, open smeeemodstation.object and change the line
    "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/craftingtable.config",
    to
    "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/crafting.config",
    and save the file

6. Go to SMEE\objects\ships\sr1shiplockeroff, open sr1shiplockeroff.object and change the line
    to
    also delete the line
    and save the file

7. Go to SMEE\objects\ships\normandysr1\sr1galaxyconsolefootoff, open sr1galaxyconsolefootoff.object and change the line
    to
    also delete the line
    and save the file

Now when you boot up starbound, it dosnt give you an error. Some sounds are missing, like the door open/close sound.

8. Go to SMEE\objects\ships\sr1shiplocker, open sr1shiplocker.object and change the lines
    "openSounds" : [ "/sfx/objects/chest_small_open.wav" ],
    "closeSounds" : [ "/sfx/objects/chest_small_close.wav" ],
    to
    "openSounds" : [ "/sfx/objects/chest_small_open.ogg" ],
    "closeSounds" : [ "/sfx/objects/chest_small_close.ogg" ],

9. Go to SMEE\objects\ships\sr1fuelhatch, open sr1fuelhatch.object and change the line
    "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/shipengine.wav",
    to
    "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/shipengine.ogg",

10. Go to SMEE\objects\ships\normandysr1\sr1boosterflame, open sr1boosterflame.object and change the line
    "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/boosterflame.wav",
    to
    "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/boosterflame.ogg",

11. Go to SMEE\objects\ships\normandysr1\sr1boosterflamesmall, open sr1boosterflamesmall.object and change the line
    "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/boosterflame.wav",
    to
    "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/boosterflame.ogg",

Now, when you start starbound, it works fine until you spawn yourself 20 core fragments (/admin /spawnitem corefragmentore 20) and repair your ship thrusters. Then it will give you the client ship world has errored thing again.

12. Open up the file \scripts\smee\wss.lua and go to line 245. Replace the part where it says
    master = world.callScriptedEntity(
    k,
    "wssRegisterSpeaker",
    entity.id()
    )
    with
    world.sendEntityMessage(k, "wssRegisterSpeaker", entity.id())
    and save the file.

Now I don't know how to fix this next gamebreaking error. It has something to do with the animation for the sr1shipdoor and sr1slidingdoor objects. With this workaround, all the openable doors on the ship will be the apex ones instead of SMEE ones.

13. Open the file ships\smee\blockkey.config. Replace the lines
    "object" : "sr1shipdoor"
    and
    "object" : "sr1slidingdoor"
    with
    "object" : "apexshipdoor"

14. Delete the .shipworld file for your character (sort by date modified) in the giraffe_storage\player folder. This forces a whole new ship to be generated for you, including new doors that don't error.

If any instructions are unclear or another bug needs squashed, please don't hesitate to leave a response.

Hoxitron and Silveressa like this.
  17. Silveressa

Followed your instructions and it went without a hitch, thanks a million for posting how to fix this for everyone! :nuruhappy:

18. Silveressa

Edit:
    Okay I ran into a new bug with this, when trying to upgrade my omni tool it says I need 10 copper bars, but even though I have 10 copper bars (I have closer to 50 actually) in my inventory it still says "failure" when I try to complete the upgrade quest.

Any idea what I need to change to fix this?

Edit 2:
    Oh and trying to use the Normandy's med bay crashes the game to desktop with no warning messages after.

19. Hoxitron

Hoxitron Void-Bound Voyager

Edit 1.
    Because you need 1 manipulator module to upgrade this tool. I think that you can delete all "upgradebeamaxe.aicommand" files in smee/ai/ folder.

Edit 2.
    I think that found solution for this problem.

1) For Alliance Bed
    in smee/objects/generic/sr1bed/sr1bed.object need delete 12 line

"interactAction" : "sitdown",

it's must help.

2) For Medbay Bed
    in smee/objects/generic/sr1bed/sr1medbaybed.object need delete 12 line

"interactAction" : "sitdown",

and in file "sr1medbaybed.lua" need delete this function:

function onInteraction(args)
    -- scan animation
    -- world.logInfo("loungableID: ".. tostring(entity.id()) .. " name: " .. world.entityName(entity.id()) )
    -- TODO loungableOccupied does not work right now wait for a new patch
    -- if world.loungableOccupied(entity.id()) then
    -- entity.setAnimationStage("scanState", "on")
    --else
    -- entity.setAnimationStage("scanState", "off")
    --end

local flipDirection = entity.configParameter("sitFlipDirection")
    local position = entity.configParameter("sitPosition")
    local orientation = entity.configParameter("sitOrientation")

return { "SitDown", {
    sitFlipDirection = flipDirection,
    sitPosition = position,
    sitOrientation = orientation
    }}
    end

It's helped me and i hope will help you. Just in case make copies of edited files if i mistaken :)

20. Silveressa

Thanks this fixed my problems perfectly :nurucool: