Starbound Nightly Series.

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Quiqksilver, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Quiqksilver

Quiqksilver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What's up guys, Quiqksilver here. Some of you may know me from Reddit or as T.C. from my channel. I was contracted by CF to create dungeons that are currently being put in the game. So far I have made 10 dungeons that have made it through testing, with many more on the way. On my channel I post a wide variety of starbound videos every week, ranging from nightly updates, builds, tips, inventions and boss battles. I hope you enjoy my videos and I look forward to any feedback. Cheers!

2. Quiqksilver

3. Quiqksilver

[DOUBLEPOST=1436033733][/DOUBLEPOST]

4. Quiqksilver

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It is a nice little series.
    If you use a program like Camtasia Studio it may make your life easier. You can easily cut one portion of a a video cap and stick it to another. So you don't need to worry about getting the perfect capture in one shot.
    Since I remember you complaining about not having bombs in the spawner in the latest one.

Anyway keep up the nice work.

Edit:
    Another option is Smart Pixel - though since I have a camtasia license I just use that.

Varixai likes this.
  6. Quiqksilver

Thanks for the advice, that's probably a better idea than trying for one take every time lol

7. Quiqksilver

8. Quiqksilver

9. Quiqksilver

10. n1t3n

n1t3n Big Damn Hero

I check them every week, and I'm glad to be able to thank you.

Quiqksilver likes this.
  11. Quiqksilver

12. n1t3n

n1t3n Big Damn Hero

In your video I think that you forgot to tell that when you use the pick or the hammer on excavated fossils (apparent, already brushed), you destroy them, failing the mission, but I am not sure of that (it was explained that way in the live) : you destroyed one and failed here.
    Still really happy to watch your video ! Thank you !

13. Quiqksilver

I knew something was off. Thanks for the input. It does seem that some of the excavations are actually impossible to complete. I had one today that had 17 pieces to uncover and only 15 total squares I could excavate combining all tools, meaning that no matter how I positioned it, I would fail. Hopefully it's just due to it being very new and unfinished.

n1t3n likes this.
  14. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They are more then likely still tightening up the generation algorithm

Quiqksilver and n1t3n like this.
  15. Quiqksilver

16. Quiqksilver

Had a bit of a brain fart today talking about teleporters/flags. I mention briefly you can use the outpost teleporter to get to flags early game, when really you can just use your ship teleporter. Was in a rush between lunch break today to get this made and my brains logic department shit it's self, apparently.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  17. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You can put that in an annotation. I don't think people mind annotations that actually add info or expand on things like that.

Also, don't forget to put the awesome Space Shuttle Bed in your next video!
    [​IMG]

Something else you can mention: All of these themed furniture sets will be available at the outpost Frogg Furnishing store. But not every single day, since each day the themed set rotates. (island one day, space another, etc.)

n1t3n, Sick Sad World and Quiqksilver like this.
  18. Quiqksilver

Not sure how I missed that space ship!?!
    Anyways, I took your advice and added annotations in the video. I will make sure to cover the furniture buying details next episode. Now that we are getting a lot of options it's important people know how/where to get them.

19. Quiqksilver

20. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I think you should zoom in 1 more level when you do these furniture showings.

Also, the Gothic set has been finished, and now has a functional vertical bed. (It got it a few days before the retro set) So your next video could have the Gothic (or at least the bed), Halloween, and Steampunk sets.

They recently raised the required boxes on most of the tenants as well, from 12 to 24. So that may affect your "efficient housing" build. Actually, that would probably be very useful to show on video.. going into /admin then /debug and /boxes. Since that's the easiest way to see how many boxes you have for each criteria.

Speaking of tenants, tonight's build should have many new tenants to go with the themed sets. (Gothic, Astronaut, Island, Saloon, Steampunk)

P.S. Good job with the chasm falling transition ;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    n1t3n likes this.