1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Starbound not starting up on Mac OS X El Capitan

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Moomba, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moomba

Moomba Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,

Steam just downloaded the newest starbound unstable, tried to run it, but failed.
    The game icon bounces for a while (a long while) in the corner, stops responding, then shortly after dissapears.
    There is no window, no graphics, no popups, just the icon in the dock.
    Here is the starbound.log: http://pastebin.com/W26pWB5q
    The starbound.config is created, with text in it, so its not some permissions issue related to that file.
    I tried deleting all starbound related files and reinstalling it, doesnt help.
    Please help :c

2. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

same is happening on but windows 8.1

i think its this line from my log that is causing the error

Code:
    [16:14:44.924] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /client.config:maxFrameSkip, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /client.config:maxFrameSkip

Caused by: (AssetException) Could not read JSON value /client.config:maxFrameSkip

[16:14:44.927] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (AssetException) Error loading asset /client.config:maxFrameSkip

3. Moomba

Moomba Void-Bound Voyager

Bumping. Seriously no one has any answers?
    --- Post updated ---
    Nevermind. Suddenly started working. Weird.

4. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

I have the same problem with the newest nightly. Deleting config, player, universe etc. doesn't work. Even editing config seems to do nothing (after launching the game it changes back to the one without line about maxFrameSkip). Could someone help please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.