1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Starbound Opens up with Game Halfway Down my Screen?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by lucasgodfrey01, Mar 6, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucasgodfrey01

lucasgodfrey01 Space Hobo

Hi all! I just joined the forums today, but I have been playing Starbound for a while. Recently I decided to play again, but I have been stopped due to the fact that I simply can't play! Every time I launch Starbound, It appears like the attached image. I am on a MacBook Pro (Late 2019), MacOS Catalina 10.15.3, and I have reinstalled Starbound several times trying to get it to work, so it is 100% on the latest version. I also do not have any mods or workshop items installed. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

(Edit: I also attached my game log, in case the could be helpful)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Did you install any OS updates before the issue started happening? What about the intel driver for your graphics adapter?
    It doesn't seem to be an issue with Starbound itself im afraid.

3. lucasgodfrey01

I did get a new computer, but it has never worked on this one, so I'm not sure if it has to do with an OS update. But I havent thought about the graphics driver, and I don't really know much about it to give you a lot of info. What should I do next?

4. Iris Blanche

I'd recommend in your case to set the config to borderless window instead of fullscreen. You can do this by editing the starbound.config with an editor of your choice and changing:
    Code:
    "fullscreen" : true,
    to
    Code:
    "fullscreen" : false,
    and
    Code:
    "borderless" : false,
    to
    Code:
    "borderless" : true,
    Not really a solution but it's at least a workaround for this issue. You could try changing some stuff in the settings of your graphics adapter tho. However i dont know which settings are provided by Intel in this case.

5. lucasgodfrey01

This worked! Thank you so much. I hope one day this gets fixed so that others don't have to use this workaround.

6. Iris Blanche

Unfortunately its sth that might need a fix from apple or intel.

Marking as resolved and closing the topic.

Lucas_Godfrey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.