1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Server Management Console Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Icer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Fenrirthviti

Fenrirthviti Tentacle Wrangler

Check out StarryPy. I've been using it since launch, works great! :)

Michelle911 and silvariakiralv like this.
  2. SolSoCoG

SolSoCoG Astral Cartographer

Except for the need of some weird Python Version. I aint install rootkits.

3. Michelle911

Michelle911 Orbital Explorer

those are some big stones you're throwing, what is your proof?

4. Fenrirthviti

Fenrirthviti Tentacle Wrangler

"weird version"? How is Python 2.7 (which is officially support and right on the front page of python.org) a weird version?

5. SolSoCoG

SolSoCoG Astral Cartographer

So you dont need this ActiveState Python anymore and are free to use the default 2.7?

6. Maffi

Maffi Astral Cartographer

There was never a need to install any particular version of Python. We ran it with basically any Python 2.7, be it system provided 2.7.2, self compiled 2.7.6 or even PyPy. The whole thing with this ActiveState Python was only a suggestion for windows users who do want to go the most easy way to get any python installed. You are, and always have been, free to choose whatever python you like.

7. balmunng8

balmunng8 Space Spelunker

how do i use the server commands? do i use them in game or is there another exe that i need to get from somewhere?

8. Michelle911

Balmunng, this wrapper seems to have died...

Check this one out, great project and still under development --> StarryPy

9. balmunng8

balmunng8 Space Spelunker

Thank you very much :D

10. BaconLord

BaconLord Aquatic Astronaut

I cant get it to work,when it does the thing where i enter the steam directory thing i dont really know what to type,i typed whats in the instructions,i typed basically everything,please help me

11. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

Are you talking about the wrapper this thread is based on. If so I think its been dead since angry Koala. Icer has been away for so long.

If your talking about StarryPy why dont you go to that thread instead http://community.playstarbound.com/...riven-server-wrapper-written-in-python.67562/

12. BaconLord

BaconLord Aquatic Astronaut

i've tried starrypy before but it didnt work,same with cytowrapper,basically im saying None of the server things on the site work

13. Michelle911

BaconLord.... I'm sorry, but you must be doing something wrong. StarryPy works amazingly well! can't speak for cyto as yet. Try posting your errors and maybe you could get some help :)

14. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

It would do you well to seek support in the StarryPy forum thread if you want help for it as this thread is for a tool that is currently dead. Meaning has not been updated to work with the recent releases of starbound.

If you have issues with a specific mod you need to address it in the appropriate thread as you may have better chances in getting help.

15. dangermind

dangermind Subatomic Cosmonaut

Server started, players join, but cant see anyone listed in current players.
    Commands dont work ether.
    Yes i added ip to admin list.

edit: ok this thread is dead. i swiched to starrypy

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  16. TheCaptainRaiders

TheCaptainRaiders Void-Bound Voyager

It dose not work for me :(

17. ONEotaku

ONEotaku Space Hobo

The google drive address is bugged out or it does not exist (1ยบ one) please fix i need the new realease