1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound should Ban Race Mods...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Anuril, Sep 21, 2016.

1. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Honestly, I think the reason is more that most of Starbound's non-human races...look a bit too human in the first place. They all have the exact same head shape, give or take a few ornamental bills and frills, they all have the exact same body shapes, and none of them have any particularly distinguishing features like tails, wings, extra limbs, etc. As a result, people jump at any kind of mod that breaks the basic template that even the developers themselves clearly used.

I mean yeah, obviously there are some people who are just like "Screw humens, I LUV ANIMUMILS!!!!" (See: Everybody who says that humans are the worst race in the game just because they're "just humans" (In spite of the fact that the Hylotl are OBVIOUSLY the true vermin race, I mean really, come on guys)) but I don't think that's actually the main issue.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I moved this topic to Starbound Discussion. It doesn't seem like a proper suggestion for the game itself and the work of some modders is in question here.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

3. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

Even as a furr myself it gets really annoying when members of the furry run around saying stuff like "this is a furry game" no... No it is not, it is a game with Anthro style characters, not a furry game. And that being said there is a huge furry following in most games that allow modding in of custom races because they can play as a Anthro. And allot of mod races are not there because they are furry but because they are different then the other races. Take the Avali. They are very well thought out and made. Everything from clothing, armor, and weapons to in world locations and NPCs and even lire as to how they and other races interact with each other. I at this point feel they are closer to a base game race then the Novakid