1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound Side Stories 1.99

Adds new locations on planets and quests to existing dungeons.

1. Scion

Scion Void-Bound Voyager

StarboundForLife, all you should need to do is move far enough on your navigation screen that it starts "processing" new star systems to see the new planet content and custom quest givers. However, since a new quest destination is added in SAIL's mission menu I'm not sure how AVIAN mod affects anything. Until someone else chimes in with advice I'd suggest you backup your Player and Universe folders and simply try it. If it doesn't work then you've lost nothing.

Also, ALWAYS backup your player and universe before experimenting with mods. You never know what might break.

2. StarboundForLife

StarboundForLife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok thanks for telling me this! I was thinking i have to start making backups too. But I will use this awesome mod which makes Starbound more fun!

3. AwesomeMosby

AwesomeMosby Intergalactic Tourist

Just a small question. Does this mod add colonization? And/or is colonization already in the unstable version? Etc etc whatever info you can give me is helpful. Also is this mod intended for stable/unstable/nightly in particular or just in general?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  4. AwesomeMosby

Better question actually. Every time I try to activate the gate warp to go to Icharta or the other city, my game crashes. This is in nightly, obviously as nightly is the only way to use these. Any advice as to why/how to fix it?

5. AwesomeMosby

Would this explain why my game crashes whenever i try to use the gate console?

6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Also posting it here, as it may be helpful to the author.

7. AwesomeMosby

I followed your advice and eventually figured it out. Thank you.

8. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So the forums haven't been updating me when people respond to this thread, so SUPER SORRY about not answering anything! I'm about to go through the last few pages and see if I can't answer some of your questions.

Okay, so I'll definitely look over the Glitch castle quest, I haven't been able to get one to spawn on nightly, so something might be wrong there. And yeah, as for nightly, things are kind of messed up! I'll upload the version that works in a little bit, but as a warning none of the NPCs work. I've ended up changing them about six times over the course of Pleased Giraffe, and I think I'm just going to wait to do that until the game hits unstable.

9. qinlongfei

qinlongfei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently using the Upbeat Giraffe Stable build and S3r1ous Mods compilation version of Side Stories. I find a Hylotl Wanderer on an ocean planet and started the questline of building a new Hylotl Colony and got to the second quest where he ask for some pixels to buy new furniture. Since I still haven't build a house for him yet, I decide to wander around on the small island I find him and build him a nice cozy home, but then he wanders near his tent and disappeared. At first I thought he gone into his tent to sleep, but then I didn't see any Zs around the tend (and the question mark is nowhere to be find) and he flat out disappeared. I still have the quest open in my journal, but since the quest giver is gone I can't complete it.

I'm pretty sure he didn't get killed by any monster because there's no monster around the island, and he didn't disappear with a puff of smoke like other npcs who are killed. He just flat out disappeared without any visual effect when he wanders near the space between the door (or more specifically the door shaped hole in the wall since I didn't have a door with me) of my little house and his tent.

Anybody have any idea what caused this problem? I do use some other mods, the one I suspect might cause problem is Moar Dungeons since that one modifies the spawn rate of dungeon/village but I'm not sure if it'll cause a spawned npc to disappear.

10. Luminaesthesia

Hm...well the nice thing is that they're the only dungeon that appears on ocean biomes (for now!), so you have a 50/50 chance of finding him again on another planet. I'm not really sure what happened, but it could also just be NPCs being fickle, but I'll look into it. So far no issues with that on nightly, so maybe I accidentally fixed it somehow. Cities are coming along fine, and I'm going to change the bug catcher and the crazy Avian farmer to appear in their respective cities so you can actually find them and do their quest lines.

11. qinlongfei

qinlongfei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for your reply Luminaesthesia. I guess I'll just go to another Oceanic planet and try again... Actually I should probably wait for the stable version os Pleased Giraffe since I really want to populate my newly build colony with some actual immigrants instead of randomly spawned npc with the spawner.

So far I have to say your mod really add more immersion to my game. I still remember my first experience of exploring the surface of a planet trying to find some new crops to plant into my little greenhouse in my homebase and then discover an Apex colony with a scientist handing me a series of quest of help building their colony (although to be fair it was the day before yesterday). That experience honestly feel like I belong in this universe and also something the dev team should implement into their vanilla game (maybe with some randomly generated radiant quest kind of like Elona). I'd give you a five star review, but I kind of have a personal policy about not review anything that's still in development.

If it means anything, this mod definitely is a 5/5 for me in the current build.

P.S.

I discovered some new thing today that I'm not sure is a bug, or simply a questline you haven't finished yet so I thought I mention it in case it's useful feedback.

I was happily exploring a snow planet in the system today, and I discovered a Glitch merchant with an adventure giving me a quest called 'wandering merchant'. In the quest he ask me for help (the quest itself is just a talk with him to receive some pixel quest) but he didn't give me any follow-up quest. I can only talk with him to buy clothing from him. As I said above, I'm not sure if that's a questline you simply haven't finished yet, or it's some bug that prevent follow up quest from popping up.

I end up building him a cozy one floor house (plus basement) with a wooden cooking table, a wooden spindle (so he has some tool to make the clothing he sells) and a comfy wooden bed so he doesn't have to sleep in his cart in snowstorm.

In a totally unrelated note... people must love this snow covered planet because in addition to that Glitch clothing merchant there's a Floran village and a Avian town residing side by side. I ends up planting a nice little crop garden right between the two friendly village after they ask me to plant some food for them. : )

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  12. crimsonwisp95

crimsonwisp95 Void-Bound Voyager

i cant get it to work D,: its on nightly Screenshot (64).png

13. dimion123

dimion123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having the same problem with the nightly version as crimsonwisp95 does. Here is the log part with the error:
    "Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (NpcException) Error loading npc type '/npcs/dungeon/avianairship/airshipcaptain.npctype' [0] 7ff7f50d48b3 [1] 7ff7f50d0fa8 [2] 7ff7f50d10d8 [3] 7ff7f4e002e0 [4] 7ff7f5242afd [5] 7ffd2629c710 _C_specific_handler [6] 7ffd26292ac2 _FrameUnwindFilter [7] 7ffd361c5923 RtlCaptureContext [8] 7ff7f4dfaee6 [9] 7ff7f4b54025 [10] 7ff7f4b517ea [11] 7ff7f4b4ccb2 [12] 7ff7f4b4f530 [13] 7ff7f4b501a9 [14] 7ff7f4b4f9bc [15] 7ff7f4b4f5be [16] 7ff7f4b4f48e [17] 7ff7f4b58df2 [18] 7ff7f51316db [19] 7ff7f51310c4 [20] 7ff7f50df14e [21] 7ffd35cb2d92 BaseThreadInitThunk [22] 7ffd36139f64 RtlUserThreadStart Caused by: (NpcException) Repeat npc type name 'airshipcaptain' [0] 7ff7f50d48b3 [1] 7ff7f50d0fa8 [2] 7ff7f4dfae44 [3] 7ff7f4b54025 [4] 7ff7f4b517ea [5] 7ff7f4b4ccb2 [6] 7ff7f4b4f530 [7] 7ff7f4b501a9 [8] 7ff7f4b4f9bc [9] 7ff7f4b4f5be [10] 7ff7f4b4f48e [11] 7ff7f4b58df2 [12] 7ff7f51316db [13] 7ff7f51310c4 [14] 7ff7f50df14e [15] 7ffd35cb2d92 BaseThreadInitThunk [16] 7ffd36139f64 RtlUserThreadStart"

crimsonwisp95 likes this.
  14. crimsonwisp95

Do you have any other mod installed ? i got it to work on stable but i had to take out starbound crew for it to work. honestly have no idea what i did;/

15. dimion123

dimion123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only other mod is your starbound crew. They should work together just fine, I guess.

16. crimsonwisp95

in stable i had it work just fine only when i removed the "your starbound crew" mod. I still haven't been able to get it to work on the nightly.

17. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia updated Starbound Side Stories with a new update entry:

Stable should be here soon!

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Kamidarko

Kamidarko Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have been having the same issue with the captain npc and have run the game with only the side stories mod and still found the error so I don't think it is a mod conflict.[DOUBLEPOST=1440285261][/DOUBLEPOST]Looking into the files and moving some things about I found the error only reports on duplicate named items like captain npc and ancient amulet. Presumably more items would also be reported as delicately named.[DOUBLEPOST=1440285559][/DOUBLEPOST]Another tidbit I just found with some finagling is that by downloading and using the link provided at the top of the page and NOT the nightly link it is working so far without problems in my nightly game. So at least for the most part if you want it to work correctly just download the StarboundSideStories file and use that instead of the StarboundSideStoriesNightly file.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  19. SilverDarkBlade

SilverDarkBlade Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bunny resurrection II is glitched i think. I brought the statue the monster plates but it has no "?" over it. using latest unstable.

EDIT: did some snooping in the mod's files and found the issue. you have monster plate's item ID wrong. you wrote it as "hardenedmonsterplate" its actual id is "monsterplating" ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  20. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi again ,- how do i spawn colony merchant in ``your outpost`` , after placing spawner ,- nothing happened - while reentered `my outpost` spawner dissapeared :) - keep the good work