1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound still in early access version even though 1.0 (and other iterations) have been released

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nisplis, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Nisplis

Nisplis Space Hobo

Hi guys!- i created this account to ask this specific question.

After leaving Starbound for quite some time, i recently downloaded it on my steam account (since of the 1.0 update i wanted to see what's new and perhaps start playing the game again). However it seems as though my version of Starbound is still in the Glad Giraffe (or whatever version that corresponds to). Ive tried the following:
    1. Deleting all local content from steam and re-installing to no avail.
    2. Deleted all files from the -- steamapps/common/starbound folder and re-installing.
    3. Triedbuying the game on steam again (i have not paid) - what is confusing about this one is that the steam page tells me this game is already in my library - so i dont see why i would have to buy the game again in order to access the new content.
    4. I have tried the nightly builds as well but it's the same story as with the stable version of Starbound.
    is anyone else experiencing the issue? any fixes? Am i dumb for assuming that since I bought it in early access, that i still have to buy the "full" game once it was released?
    Really sucks that I can't play the new versions since i love the concept and gameplay of Starbound.

Also - tried the key resender on humble bundle for my email accounts (one that i use for my steam - and one that i use actively for emails - to be extra sure) but both says that there is no order registered to any of the accounts.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. sheep-wolf

sheep-wolf Void-Bound Voyager

I can at the least say that you definitely should have the full game if you bought it in early access, but you definitely need a chucklefish member to sort this out.

Have you checked your beta's? Are you set to 'NONE - Opt out of all beta programs' on steam?

And do you have it set to always keep Starbound up to date?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please use the edit function instead of making unnecessary triple posts.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Check your updates on Steam:

[​IMG]

What does this say for you?