1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound will not launch and I just bought it so now I'm sad

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Bearded_Queer_3, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Bearded_Queer_3

Bearded_Queer_3 Intergalactic Tourist

I just bought Starbound and I've been wanting this game for a while and I was extremely excited but I have tried to launch it multiple times in multiple differant ways, but every time it launches I just get an error message (I attached a picture of the exact error that pops up)

Yes I did check the other forum posts, nothing worked. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I've tried restarting my computer, and scanning for issues; I have gone into the file properties and clicked run as admin but it didn't make a difference. nothing has worked but I am open to trying these things again if someone thinks they can help me get it working. I really don't wanna go get a refund cuz I really want to play this game.

Info that you might need in order to solve my issue:

My laptop is a HP ProBook 4530s

I can confirm it can successfully run alot of games, even the big ones, with no problems except for occasional slow loading. It can run Stardew Valley perfectly, aswell as the Sims 4 and RimWorld. All pretty massive games.
    My grandfather works with computers and checked my hard-drive and storage and all that stuff, and he said there's no reason it shouldn't be able to launch. I checked that my computer met the specs required to run this game, before I even bought it. The only other PC game that would not let me launch it on my computer was the Life is Strange series but I've since then figured out that my computer doesn't meet the graphics spec. I don't believe that's the case with Starbound because a differant error message shows up, not the same error that comes up when I try to run life is strange. plus I checked and I have the right graphics. I'm hoping someone can help. (Sorry this is so long I just wanted to make sure I gave all the info needed)

Device specifications

Device name: DESKTOP-4DK5C6U

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

Installed RAM: 4.00 GB

DEVICE ID: CD076925-4ECE-4A32-8913-54986A581E9A

Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA824

system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch: pen support

IMG_20210808_132327036.jpg