Tool Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Zoryn4163, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I updated to SMAPI 0.37 but it still says 0.36, is this normal or do I have to change something?

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah that was my mistake. I forgot to update the version info when making my changes. It's the right version just wrong text in the bar.

I've made a new thread over here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-modding-api-0-37.108375/
      It'll help with giving version updates. Version 0.37.1 is only a minor change that fixes that wrong version issue and another change.

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

It's very close to release. We are finishing up events and proxies currently, but I've already made a few test mods. Unfortunately, a modding API like this will always require a separate exe, that's simply how these things work.
        I would advise the community to all operate under a single API so that it doesn't become fragmented, and thus far this new API seems dramatically more robust and powerful than my SMAPI was.

You're free to do what you want with the contents of the thread and with SMAPI. It's all under GNU GPL V3, so as long as it's open source do whatever.

Acrimonia likes this.
        • Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Much obliged. I prefer to work entirely on my own, but any help towards custom content into SMAPI is truly appreciated.
          From what I've done so far, most of the API-locked functions I'm worried about are things like being able to change/ban kids, create alternate progressions for hearts/social leveling and the like...
          So if you've got any ideas on how to make those more modular, that'd be swell.

I wouldn't worry too much about community fragmentation. I have a sinking, sneaking suspicion that at some point all our work will be undone by an official modding framework, though likely one that won't fully obviate either proposed API...
          Besides my cynicism towards life in general, though, glad to hear progress is going along at a steady pace. What are some of the features you're putting together into it, if I may ask?

• ProphetSix

ProphetSix Starship Captain

how can i inject an item? I lost some stuff and want to get it back i have an item list i just need to know how to inject it

• Shiunin

Shiunin Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to use this with steam? I just noticed you don't get your steam achievements when launching it this way D=

Clovilah likes this.
              • Ultimuh

Ultimuh Phantasmal Quasar

In my case, they DO unlock. Just not right away.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                • Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

Events for just about everything. Proxies for just about everything. At this point it's possible to 'rewrite' parts of the game from this API if a modder so desired.

Acrimonia likes this.
                  • Shiunin

Huh, really? I just noticed I made 250,000g but never got my achievement. I even modified my save file and changed the total amount earned back just to roll over 250K again, and still no achievement :(

• Ultimuh

Ultimuh Phantasmal Quasar

Did you try to play the game again via steam?
                      Somehow, I got it to work but I must have closed steam down and started it again after that.

If this doesn't help, I have no idea what will.

• Shiunin

Sadly I think I'm out of luck. The only thing I can think of is because steam wasn't open when I originally hit the 250K mark it wont be recorded. Ah well... I might just get all the achievements before using mods then =[

Clovilah likes this.
                        • Zio_Matrix

Zio_Matrix Void-Bound Voyager

I passed the 250k mark recently and it unlocked via Steam no problem, however I didn't get the Steam notification in-game.

However I did just get the 'craft 30 items' achievement and that one didn't unlock. Doing any of the things suggested fixed it either. Neither did playing via Steam and crafting one more thing.

Is it safe to assume that achievements don't 'check' to see if you've passed the requirements or not? Like, does it send the achievement flag the one and only time you actually meet the requirements, or does an achievement check each time it's requirements are updated?

• Seeroh

Seeroh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

About how long until it is released, do you think?

• Clovilah

Clovilah Void-Bound Voyager

This is my issue as well. I just realized after getting engaged to Sebastian last night that I only have 1 achievement. :(

• deathCorporate

deathCorporate Void-Bound Voyager

im going to be a noob but how do i use the trainer mod do i putt it in the %appdata% area or is there a button to use

• montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can you tell me how you pasted in this new item? I don't see any source code nowhere.

Thanks!

• Radedo

Radedo Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the late reply, totally forgot I even posted. I'm using SMAPI 0.37A, and I was trying to install the calendar anywhere (everywhere?) mod. I'll try looking for an .ini file in the folder, thank you for the reply!

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

Calender anywhere doesn't work with .37 of SMAPI. Your best bet is to wait for the new Storm API to be released.

• Radedo

Radedo Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I just went back to the mod's page and noticed that the calendar anywhere description is crossed out and says it's coming tomorrow, not sure when that it. It's ok, I bought a calendar in the game so I can have it at home, it's better than nothing :)

• frogzx

frogzx Void-Bound Voyager

So i'm trying to use the all recipe's mod, and it keeps saying "Unknown Command". I got it to work with my other character a few days ago, but had to reinstall it and it's giving me that now. I've placed it in both the %appdata% mod folder and the regular mod folder, and it gives me the same thing every time. How do I fix this?