Tool Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Zoryn4163, Feb 28, 2016.

1. PeanutButterCupquake

PeanutButterCupquake Void-Bound Voyager

The newest version of SMAPI is not compatible with the recipes mod. Revert back to 0.36A and it works. That's what I had to do to get it to work.

• SongSaLueng

SongSaLueng Lucky Number 13

What do I have to do?

[​IMG]

• peyz

peyz Space Hobo

im sorry im just playthis game since tomorrow, and i just instal this mod
        but i cant make it works, when i use this mod its instantly freeze the game then couple seconds after it just crash
        im using smapi 0.37.3a latest released if i need to change to older smapi could someone gimme the link to donload, i cant find the older released thanks

• Zebracakes4me

Zebracakes4me Tentacle Wrangler

SongSalueng and peyz. Please note that this thread is really no longer being used for SMAPI. As per the first post, it has been moved to a new thread...here's the link: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-modding-api-0-37.108375/

If you're looking for assistance with SMAPI, I would suggest to go to the new thread. Please note that I believe modders are planning to stabilize STORM and move all mods to STORM. So, you might want to read up on STORM and how to use that instead.

• briangl

briangl Space Hobo

hello im just downloading the file SMAPI 0.37.3A and the mod CJB cheat menu 1.6
            and when i run the stardewmoddingapi.exe its appear a box like this :

[23:23:56] validating api paths . . .
            [23:23:56] critical error : system.BadImageFormatException : Could not load file or assembly ' stardew valley, version=1.0.5912.41135, Culture=neutral , PublicKeyToken=null ' or one of its dependencies . The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest
            File name : ' Stardew Valley, version=1.0.5912.41135, Culture=neutral , PublicKeyToken=null '
            at StardewModdingAPI.Program.ConfigureSDU<>
            at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main<String[] args>

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned off.
            To enable assembly bind failure logging , set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] <DWORD> to 1.
            Note : there is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging
            To turn this featre off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

[23:23:56] The API will now terminate. Press any key to continue. . .

someone who understand .. please help

• EstatorVs

EstatorVs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please!!! Make some one inventory and/or storage chest more than 36 slots mod!

• ssgb99

ssgb99 Intergalactic Tourist

now i use SMAPI 0.39.1 but cmd console doesn't open. how to open it? it just run few minute and close when game start.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

• ssgb99

ssgb99 Intergalactic Tourist

• ladyemma13

ladyemma13 Space Hobo

Anytime I try to open the Stardew Modding API I get this

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The API needs to be next to the stardewvalley.exe file, not anywhere else >_<

• ladyemma13

ladyemma13 Space Hobo

But that's where I put it?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

You can see in your screenshot that you put it in Appdata instead of the Steam/GoG folder.

• ladyemma13

ladyemma13 Space Hobo

My Steam folder is in Appdata

• ladyemma13

ladyemma13 Space Hobo

Even when I have it in the actual Steam folder I get the same message

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It needs to be where your stardewvalley.exe file is! The exact same folder, if there isnt a stardewvalley.exe, then you're in the wrong place >_<

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

You keep going into Appdata, silly. It should be something like this:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley

NOT this:

C:\Users\EmmaSaur\AppData\Local\Steam

Here is what my folders look like, for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XaviiKinz likes this.
                                • ladyemma13

ladyemma13 Space Hobo

I found it now, thank you for your help

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                  • Vampire994

Vampire994 Void-Bound Voyager

[11:57:49.328 AM] SDV Version: 1.07
                                    [11:57:49.328 AM] SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 Alpha
                                    [11:57:49.344 AM] Injecting New SDV Version...
                                    [11:57:49.344 AM] Starting SDV...
                                    [11:57:49.344 AM] Initializing SDV Assembly...
                                    [11:57:49.344 AM] Validating api paths...
                                    [11:57:49.437 AM] Patching SDV Graphics Profile...
                                    [11:57:49.437 AM] LOADING MODS
                                    [11:57:49.437 AM] Found Manifest: C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\BundleMod\manifest.json
                                    [11:57:49.687 AM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\BundleMod\psconfigs
                                    [11:57:49.703 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [11:57:49.703 AM] LOADED MOD: Persival's BundleMod by Persival - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Press J anywhere to open a Junimo Bundle Menu where you can deposit items without having to travel to the Community Center. Mod is similar to Handsome_Matt's Junimo Deposit Anywhere. (@ C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\BundleMod\BundleMod.dll)
                                    [11:57:49.703 AM] Found Manifest: C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\manifest.json
                                    [11:57:49.719 AM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\psconfigs
                                    [11:57:49.734 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [11:57:49.734 AM] LOADED MOD: CJB Cheats Menu by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Simple in-game cheats menu! (@ C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\CJBCheatsMenu.dll)
                                    [11:57:49.797 AM] Found Manifest: C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\manifest.json
                                    [11:57:49.812 AM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\psconfigs
                                    [11:57:49.828 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [11:57:49.828 AM] Found Manifest: C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\GiftTasteHelper\manifest.json
                                    [11:57:49.828 AM] LOADED MOD: CJB Item Spawner by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Simple in-game Item Spawner! (@ C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\CJBItemSpawner.dll)
                                    [11:57:49.844 AM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\GiftTasteHelper\psconfigs
                                    [11:57:49.875 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [11:57:49.875 AM] LOADED MOD: GiftTasteHelper by Tyler - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Displays NPC gift tastes in a handy tooltip. (@ C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\GiftTasteHelper\GiftTasteHelper.dll)
                                    [11:57:49.875 AM] Found Manifest: C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\NoSoilDecay\manifest.json
                                    [11:57:49.906 AM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\NoSoilDecay\psconfigs
                                    [11:57:49.922 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [11:57:49.922 AM] LOADED MOD: NoSoilDecay by ThatNorthernMonkey - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: (@ C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\NoSoilDecay\NoSoilDecay.dll)
                                    [11:57:49.938 AM] Found Manifest: C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\TrainerMod\manifest.json
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\TrainerMod\psconfigs
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] LOADED MOD: Trainer Mod by Zoryn - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating. (@ C:\Users\Clinton\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\TrainerMod\TrainerMod.dll)
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: types
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: load
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: stop
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: hide
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: player_setmoney
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: player_setstamina
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: player_setmaxstamina
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: exit
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: show
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: save
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: player_setname
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_setspeed
                                    [11:57:49.953 AM] Registered command: player_sethealth
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_setmaxhealth
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_setimmunity
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_addmelee
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_setlevel
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: out_items
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_addring
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_changecolour
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_changestyle
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: player_additem
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: out_melee
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: world_setday
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: out_rings
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: world_downminelevel
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: world_setminelevel
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Found Manifest: E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\manifest.json
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: newitem
                                    [11:57:49.969 AM] Registered command: world_settime
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: world_freezetime
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: world_setseason
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Created psconfigs directory @E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\psconfigs
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] LOADED MOD: Trainer Mod by Zoryn - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating. (@ E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\TrainerMod.dll)
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: types
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: hide
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: show
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: save
                                    [11:57:49.984 AM] Registered command: load
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: exit
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: stop
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setname
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setmoney
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setstamina
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setmaxstamina
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_sethealth
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setmaxhealth
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setimmunity
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setlevel
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_setspeed
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_changecolour
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_changestyle
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_additem
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_addmelee
                                    [11:57:50.000 AM] Registered command: player_addring
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: out_items
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: out_melee
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: out_rings
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: newitem
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: world_settime
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: world_freezetime
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: world_setday
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: world_setseason
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: world_downminelevel
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: world_setminelevel
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] LOADED 7 MODS
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] SDV Loaded Into Memory
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Initializing Console Input Thread...
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Registered command: help
                                    [11:57:50.016 AM] Applying Final SDV Tweaks...
                                    [11:57:50.108 AM] XNA Initialize
                                    [11:57:50.112 AM] XNA LoadContent
                                    [11:57:50.346 AM] Initializing Debug Assets...
                                    [11:57:50.906 AM] Game failed to start: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
                                    at new[](UInt32 )
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.AllocateArrayAndReadFile(String filename, Void** ppData, UInt32* pdwBufferSize)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaveBank.CreateHandle(UInt32 hEngine, String string, Int32 length, IntPtr& pCleanup)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)
                                    at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Initialize()
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunGame()

Can some one help me it was working fine Yesterday i don't know why its doing this ???
                                    --- Post updated ---
                                    NVM i got it working again :p

• thedrkbringer

thedrkbringer Space Hobo

So, I was hoping that maybe somebody has had this issue before and may be able to help me out. So, I'll willingly admit that I previously owned an illegal GOG copy of the game. And Stardew Modding API didn't work with the illegal copy. After playing several times with the illegal copy, I thought it was fun, but it also started to get old. So I wanted to play with some mods, so I bought the game on Steam. At first I still couldn't get the Modding API to work on it, even though I had it in the Steam folder. So I went in, I removed the API and the mods. And I deleted all saved games and all traces of the GOG version from my computer. Then I reinstalled the game through Steam, and re-added the API and mods to that folder, and it worked... Once... On Saturday... I played the game with the mods for a few hours. Then I exited out to sleep for the night. I woke up and watched half of Luke Cage on Sunday, and then watched the other half yesterday, and after I finished it, I went to play with StardewModdingAPI again. Now it does like it did when I was using the illegal GOG version, even though there are absolutely no remnants of that version on my computer, not even the install file, because I have the Steam version now and will never need it. It will show the command prompt, flash the window of the game, and they will both close immediately.

I have tried running as administrator, I have tried uninstalling the game and deleting the mods and re-installing and re-adding the mods. And it just keeps doing this, any ideas? Could it be related to the new update that was supposed to come out yesterday? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's what the errorlog reads, if it helps at all.

[03:42:32.125 PM] SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 Alpha
                                      [03:42:32.126 PM] Validating api paths...
                                      [03:42:32.125 PM] SDV Version: 1.1
                                      [03:42:32.128 PM] Starting SDV...
                                      [03:42:32.128 PM] Injecting New SDV Version...
                                      [03:42:32.127 PM] Initializing SDV Assembly...
                                      [03:42:32.221 PM] Patching SDV Graphics Profile...
                                      [03:42:32.223 PM] LOADING MODS
                                      [03:42:32.224 PM] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\manifest.json
                                      [03:42:32.546 PM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\psconfigs
                                      [03:42:32.641 PM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                      [03:42:32.641 PM] LOADED MOD: CJB Cheats Menu by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Simple in-game cheats menu! (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\CJBCheatsMenu.dll)
                                      [03:42:32.709 PM] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\manifest.json
                                      [03:42:32.731 PM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\psconfigs
                                      [03:42:32.792 PM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                      [03:42:32.793 PM] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\manifest.json
                                      [03:42:32.793 PM] LOADED MOD: CJB Item Spawner by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Simple in-game Item Spawner! (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\CJBItemSpawner.dll)
                                      [03:42:32.815 PM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\psconfigs
                                      [03:42:32.865 PM] Loading Mod DLL...
                                      [03:42:32.866 PM] LOADED MOD: Trainer Mod by Zoryn - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\TrainerMod.dll)
                                      [03:42:32.869 PM] Registered command: types
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: player_setmoney
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: player_setstamina
                                      [03:42:32.873 PM] Registered command: player_setmaxstamina
                                      [03:42:32.873 PM] Registered command: player_sethealth
                                      [03:42:32.874 PM] Registered command: player_setmaxhealth
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: hide
                                      [03:42:32.875 PM] Registered command: player_setlevel
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: save
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: stop
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: load
                                      [03:42:32.879 PM] Registered command: player_additem
                                      [03:42:32.879 PM] Registered command: player_changestyle
                                      [03:42:32.880 PM] Registered command: player_addmelee
                                      [03:42:32.878 PM] Registered command: player_changecolour
                                      [03:42:32.882 PM] Registered command: out_melee
                                      [03:42:32.882 PM] Registered command: out_rings
                                      [03:42:32.883 PM] Registered command: newitem
                                      [03:42:32.883 PM] Registered command: world_settime
                                      [03:42:32.883 PM] Registered command: world_freezetime
                                      [03:42:32.884 PM] Registered command: world_setday
                                      [03:42:32.884 PM] Registered command: world_setseason
                                      [03:42:32.885 PM] Registered command: world_downminelevel
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: show
                                      [03:42:32.888 PM] Registered command: world_setminelevel
                                      [03:42:32.889 PM] SDV Loaded Into Memory
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: player_setname
                                      [03:42:32.890 PM] Registered command: help
                                      [03:42:32.881 PM] Registered command: out_items
                                      [03:42:32.870 PM] Registered command: exit
                                      [03:42:32.881 PM] Registered command: player_addring
                                      [03:42:32.891 PM] Applying Final SDV Tweaks...
                                      [03:42:32.877 PM] Registered command: player_setspeed
                                      [03:42:32.888 PM] LOADED 3 MODS
                                      [03:42:32.890 PM] Initializing Console Input Thread...
                                      [03:42:32.874 PM] Registered command: player_setimmunity
                                      [03:42:32.962 PM] XNA Initialize
                                      [03:42:32.966 PM] XNA LoadContent
                                      [03:42:33.367 PM] Initializing Debug Assets...
                                      [03:42:34.244 PM] Game Loaded
                                      [03:42:34.244 PM] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016