1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley 1.4 Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chloeann

chloeann Space Hobo

IOS SE 2nd Gen
    Is anyone else not getting the .5 update? ive had no letter for the boat from willy even though ive completed the comunity tasks

• chloeann

chloeann Space Hobo

Latest IOS update, Stardew on Iphone SE 2nd gen.
      Completed the comunity tasks but im not getting the boat letter from willy.
      Please fix :(

• chloeann

chloeann Space Hobo

Device: IPhone SE 2nd gen
        App Version: 1.4.5.153
        Problem: Not getting the boat fix invitation from Willy even though ive completed the community challenges.

• azleyf

azleyf Space Hobo

Hello,
          Unfortunately unable to play SDV.
          I have the iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14.4, everything up to date from what I’ve seen, but the game still has issues.
          When the the option to load previous saved game is chosen, it’ll load the previous saved point but a black screen will appear and music will play once finished.

Totally upset and choked.
          I am scared to lose all this work since I don’t have a working computer or more iCloud storage to save my progression.

• Aquatomahawk

Aquatomahawk Void-Bound Voyager

I’m running version 1.4.5.143 on an iPad Pro. After the new update I can no longer accept rewards. When I do my game immediately crashes. I have tried reinstalling the game and the issue proceeds. It started in spring and has continued into summer and started after I had given Willy a frozen tear before then I was able to accept them no problem.

• delonariel

delonariel Space Spelunker

I'm playing on Anroid and I got a tea set the first year during the winter gift exchange, but it can't be placed anywhere. Unlike other decorative items, it's classified as 'decor' rather than furniture, which I'm guessing is the problem. It may seem like an insignificant issue, but my dreams of a tea room are going down the drain.

• notbasho

notbasho Space Spelunker

Hi! Sorry to bug y'all. Working with a 3rd Generation iPad Pro running iOS 14.4. (I haven't updated to 14.4.2, but I'll update this if my issues change.) Never had any issues with my copy of SV, but upon starting a new file yesterday I've found two bugs:

1. Using the fiberglass rod causes my sprite to glitch (though I can still catch fish), and using it on the ground accidentally will make my sprite stick where it is. The rest of the game works, still makes sound, and characters move around me, but I'm unable to move or touch my item bar or menu bar.

2. I'm unable to pick up eggs during the Egg Festival hunt—I'll try and touch them to get them, but it's no go.

Thanks so much for your continued support of this app after all these years, by the way: y'all are great!

EDIT: The Egg Festival is working now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
                • kiwi_berry

kiwi_berry Space Hobo

Ipad pro 11 inch
                  ios 14.4
                  SDV 1.4.5.153

2 (bugs?) I notice:

1. Energy regen with level up: energy will not regen if you level'ed up and also choose a profession. For example: passed out with fishing lv3->4 will regen, but passed out with lv4->5 (and pick the fisher profession) won't regen the next day.

2. Furnace blueprint: Fishing an (cooper) ore or buying it from Clint does not trigger the furnace cut scene the next day. (The scene will trigger if you hoe an ore however).

LMK if you need more details, I can provide video/screenshot.

• Jbugsnana

Jbugsnana Space Hobo

Samsung Galaxy Tab A
                    Android v. 10

My poor dog is stuck in the very top, far left corner of my farm during the day. He's stuck in one square with an empty water dish (like, one farming square, one hit of the hoe) up above grandpa's shrine. At night he comes in the house as normal. His water bowl is in it's normal place and stuck on full of water.
                    He's been there for a really long time now. This is the second time it's happened. The first time it was just a couple of days and then he was back. Did I forget to give him water?
                    I'm not entirely sure, but I think it happens after I selected "reload last save" from the tool bar; mainly because I've done that twice,too (like after accidentally dropping a mega bomb inside my house) and I don't think it happens right away, but I could be wrong because both times I lost a lot of stuff (one of my ponds went down a level last time) and items chest hopped. But, I also got the notice that weeds had damaged my farm.
                    2: which reminds me, when I make grass starter the animals immediately eat ever bit of it, but they don't eat any of the grass that the game generates. It's pointless to craft grass, unless it's making them happier. Do they know the game generated grass is there?

• ThatsALama

ThatsALama Big Damn Hero

Realme 5 pro
                      Android v. 10

Three issues :

CONTROLLER SUPPORT : I can't use the "hold" function, and after posting on Reddit, it seems I'm not alone. Meaning I've got to tap multiple times to chop trees or mine; which wasn't the case on PC despite using the same controller ( original Xbox One controller, cabled OTG ).
                      Also, I can't use the slingshot. Once equipped, any attempt to move the joystic or tap a button will "rapid fire" to the bottom right of the screen

SLINGSHOT : I just can't use it. Even when using touch controls ( joystic + 2 buttons ), I can only hold it for a fraction of a second before it fires, always to the left. Is it because the buttons are on the right ? Anyway, it's just useless, which is a shame.
                      When using a controller, see above ( rapid fire )

CUTSCENES : this is very unspecific, and I apologize. For a minority of cutscenes, the scene seems to "freeze". Animations are fine, but nothing happens. My character won't get to the villager, and no dialogue is played. In that case I just manually skip the scene entirely.
                      Note that this is for a tiny minority of scenes; the one I remember most was the first "heart event" with Linus. The screen was just fixated on Linus chilling in front of his tent, and nothing happened until I skipped.

• sleeve

sleeve Space Hobo

iPhone 8,
                        iOS 14.4

App stops at the chuckle fish logo whenever trying to start again. No option to choose a mew game or load old.

No major change in gameplay prior to crashing. Unable to load save game file to this post due to the form not allowing an unauthorized extension.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
                        • minggurikanda

minggurikanda Intergalactic Tourist

Samsung Galaxy s10e
                          Ver. 1.4.5.151 (latest version)

Hello, i having an issue with my android phone. Everytime i try to load my saved game on android mobile it always getting a new pets from Marnie.

Pls help me, thank you!

• sopranopadrona

sopranopadrona Space Hobo

I think I remember seeing this as an issue in a previous version but I’m on 1.4.5.153, iPhone XR, iOS 14.7.1 (though I’ve been having this issue for a good while now, since at least one or two iOS updates ago). My quests reverted to the beginner quests and won’t resolve even when I complete them: I’m in winter, year 4, and my quests are Getting Started, Advancement, and Raising Animals. I can still pick up help wanted quests but haven’t had any new story quests in probably a year of in-game time.

• amarastargazer

amarastargazer Space Hobo

iPhone X. Two days ago, the app would crash when I was trying to open it, on the very first screen. I backed up my save as instructed, removed the app fully, and reinstalled it. Now, when I try and open my save, it will flash twice like it is going to open and then return to the “new or load” screen. I am trying to upload the file but it says the file does not have the required extension?

• EFinn

EFinn Space Hobo

I have iOS 16 on the newer iPhone SE. I have been using Stardew for about 6 months with no issues. I can no longer interact with some objects like chests and the furnace. I can still use the bed etc. I installed the new update to see if that was the cause but it did not improve. I also used to be able to play music while in the app as long as I started after the game was loaded but not anymore.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.