Stardew Valley Collab/Race!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by apbuggy, Apr 3, 2016.

1. apbuggy

apbuggy Space Hobo

I would like to announce a Stardew Valley Race! In this "race" everyone starts from day 1 on a new character and sees who can make the most money in 1 (maybe 2) year(s). If you would like to join, pm me or message me through this thread!

Application Form:

Steam, Skype, or some way to contact you (please state which one):

Age (This doesn't matter too much, I just want a general "average age" of the group):

What you would like to be called (Real name or nickname):

A little about yourself:

Code Word (Read the whole post to fine it):

Rules:

1.) No cheats/Mods (Except player model and texture mods, please ask before the event though.)
    2.) Screenshot on spring 1st of the next year your money amount.
    3.) Feel free to ask for help, but don't put any hurtful or offensive comments.
    4.) Have Fun

*More rules may be added in the future.*

Welp, I hope to see you in the competition! (Code Word: Rambug). And remember, get ready to race!

• apbuggy

apbuggy Space Hobo

The new thumbnail! Credit to ramman

• Filthy Casual

Filthy Casual Space Penguin Leader

I'll stay out of the race as I'm currently doing a no farming just fishing/foraging/mining run and having too much fun with that to be bothered with min/maxing atm.
        Will be fun to see the progress if it gets off the ground though.

• Ramman

Ramman Poptop Tamer

This will be really fun :D. Hope more people join.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

It's a bit too linear and spreadsheet-like for my tastes, but could really make an interesting contest if enough clever types participate. Might be fun to see what strategies are employed, universally or individually--and even if in some cases they contradict one another due to distinct styles of play.

• Filthy Casual

Filthy Casual Space Penguin Leader

Would it be 1 or 2 years though? That's an important distinction.

• Ramman

Ramman Poptop Tamer

Its 1 year.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Rather limiting, that. Might have more of a chance to see strategies work out when a longer term is involved. But--your contest, your rules. :)

• xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

i made one of the spreadsheets....
                    i made it to autumn year 1 and got burnt out.

• Ramman

Ramman Poptop Tamer

We've officially started! Also we've decided to go for 2 years instead.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Good luck with this. I'll be watching. My wife will probably be analyzing it all with a spreadsheet, for that matter.

• Tyken

Tyken Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hrm...I'm interested to see the result and the methods of the winner but I don't think I'd like to compete.

• Kenbutsu

Kenbutsu Void-Bound Voyager

How about a category for 1 year and for 2 years? I would love to participate but it will take me long enough as is to get through 1 year :)

• apbuggy

apbuggy Space Hobo

That's a good idea! I'm up for it! :3

If we can get more peeps for that one year, I'm fine with doing that race too!

• Kenbutsu

Kenbutsu Void-Bound Voyager

Ha, the odds that I get to the end of Year 1 before this contest is over is low. So here's a shot of my status on the first of Fall, before I buy as many cranberry seeds as will fit in my pockets. My strategy this attempt was fishing -> potatoes -> blueberries. I went the Jojamart route to unlock the greenhouse, but I'm not sure that's the most profitable 1 year strategy. You don't get the benefit of free watering on rainy days, but I guess a greenhouse full of blueberries in fall will net you $250k.

20160416092809_1.jpg