1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stardew Valley Fair fishing game bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kotilae, May 8, 2018.

1. Kotilae

Kotilae Space Hobo

While I was trying to earn star tokens in the minigames at the Stardew Valley Fair in the Fall season, I went for the fishing game first, since it's my favorite. When it started, I was unable to move, and when I tried to cast my fishing rod, my character froze in the start pose for casting the rod. Even when time ran out, the game remained pretty much frozen, and no matter what I did, it wouldn't allow me to move or exit the minigame. I ended up having to close the SV game entirely, getting sent back to the start of the day when I relaunched the game and loaded my save.
    I'm not sure if this happens with other minigames, but it's definitely an issue with the fishing one.
    (I'm in year 2 now, and this didn't happen the first time I played the minigames at the Fair. I'm assuming it has something to do with some sort of bug that came with the multiplayer beta, but I'm not sure on that since I was playing singleplayer, so it probably shouldn't have affected it like that.)

• disassembler

disassembler Void-Bound Voyager

Can confirm. We were playing 2 in co-op (I was the host) and both entered fishing minigame. First three casts were okay but on fourth try, when the bobber was supposed to land close where I was standing, my controls got stuck and remained frozen indefinitely, even after the minigame timer reached zero. Moreover, while we were there, we could see each others throw and splash animations, but not the characters.

Whole fair needs some polishing for multiplayer. The star tokens are not shared, which is especially frustrating when the hosting player is awarded 1000 for the grange display and the others get nothing.

//Edit: Just checked the fair page on wiki. Apparently this is already a well-known bug

Last edited: May 12, 2018
      • eggcornsquash

eggcornsquash Seal Broken

Kotilae's issue is different - I've experienced both versions of the bug. It seems like the latest update badly messed up the single player version of this minigame. Before the update, I used to be able to play it a little - as long as the cast was "legal" (landed in the water) then it would work. But now, you can't move around or cast at all. If you hold down the mouse button to try to cast, your character gets stuck and the meter does not fill. You are then frozen in place, and when time runs out you can't do anything.

gqAndy and ijustwanttofarm like this.
        • jswilkerson

jswilkerson Space Hobo

Yup. I freeze immediately in the minigame on beta. If I do nothing and only press esc then I can leave the game. Otherwise it's totally fubar

ijustwanttofarm likes this.
          • warhawkxf

warhawkxf Void-Bound Voyager

We found an interesting one as well. In multiplayer, if you are playing the fishing game and a co-op player goes to get your stall judged, you will get the message that it's been judged and to go see the results. Issue is that you are now frozen and you can't click out of the message, nor do any of the keys work to get rid of it (Esc, enter, etc...).

• LilithLuna

LilithLuna Space Hobo

Same happened to me in beta (PC). It doesn't matter how I've done it, never had this problem before. I'm in year 3 and this is the only time I've encountered this problem (never noticed it before having beta version). As soon as you enter the fish game you can't move or do anything else, I don't even click for the cast and it bugs out in an instant. One time pressing Esc sent me to 0:00, the other time it didn't. The only thing I can access from that point is the chat for multiplayer (I wasn't playing multiplayer, I was playing it in single player mode). So it doesn't seem like this is the same bug as the one described on the wiki.

• Jupeycat

Jupeycat Void-Bound Voyager

This just happened to me too. Have had to kill the game completely.

• RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

I have had it happen to me in both single player and multiplayer. In multiplayer it happened to both me and my friends I was playing with though not at the same time, at different times. We had to reset about 3 times before we were able to all get enough points(mostly using the betting wheel) to get what we needed. In single player it was so broken that I avoided it completely after 2 resets and used the grange points and betting wheel(with a couple of resets to get points back) to get enough for what I needed.

• Fionny

Fionny Intergalactic Tourist

Can confirm this bug also in Beta Version 1.3.11

Cant move when entering fishing tent, cast fails and locks. Time ticks down but nothing happens... if you hit esc the timer goes to zero but nothing happens only way out if Alt-F4 etc...

• Shanasty

Shanasty Intergalactic Tourist

I actually played the fishing game on multiplayer with my husband just a couple weeks ago with no issues. We both played it, even at the same time. I tried this on my own single player/non-beta version this morning, had to restart the game twice and still would not work. I'm not sure what's going on but it's pretty annoying. I don't like any of the other games. Fishing is what I'm best at. =(