RELEASED StarDew Valley ModManager(SDVMM) 3.1c

ModManager that as of now supports XNB/SMAPI and Storm (needs testing)

1. yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yuukiw submitted a new mod:

StarDew Valley ModManager(SDVMM) - ModManager that as of now supports XNB/SMAPI and Storm (needs testing)

Read more about this mod...

• yuukiw

• yuukiw

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Nice to see someone working on this sort of thing! :)

• yuukiw

• Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras Void-Bound Voyager

It's crashing on startup now, for me.
        I added some portrait mods under characters, accidentally, noticed my error and started deleting them. The program refused to delete "maru" and "maru_hospital" (nothing happened on select and press), though all others were successfully deleted.
        I then closed the program and attempted to run it again. It never remembers my install folder (always asks for it again on startup), and when I select and click save, it hangs up and crashes shortly afterwards with the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
        just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
        System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
        at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
        at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
        mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
        ----------------------------------------
        SDVMM
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///B:/Vidya/_Stuff/Mods/Stardew%20Valley/SDVMM.exe
        System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
        System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
        System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
        Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
        System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
        System.Deployment
        Win32 Version: 4.6.114.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
        System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
        System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
        To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
        application or computer (machine.config) must have the
        jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
        The application must also be compiled with debugging
        enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
        </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
        will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
        rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• yuukiw

System. Net. Socket make it seem that it couldnt connect to github to check for an update. I will build an exception for that case.

For not saving the file, could you check if there happen to be two inis?

If so just delete the sdvmm one and rename the sdvnn one to sdvmm. I though I fixed this bug but seemingly it still doesn't do it correctly on some computer.

binary is updated.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
          • Anaxagoras

There aren't two .inis, just one called SDVNN.ini on "C:\Users\Anaxagoras\AppData\Roaming\SDVMM\WindowsApplication1\1.0.0.0\SDVNN.ini"

I renamed it to "SDVMM.ini", and ran the mod manager executable again. It completely ignored the newly-renamed SDVMM.ini (installed mods list returned to the default, offered to update SMAPI again), and created a brand-new, empty SDVNN.ini

The .ini file itself is correctly saving the path:

[General]
            GameFolder=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley
            SteamFolder=C:\
            Good Old Game Version=1
            [SMAPI Details]
            Version=SMAPI_0.37.3A
            [XNB Backup paths]
            Characters-Abigail.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Abigail.xnb
            Characters-Alex.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Alex.xnb
            Characters-Elliott.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Elliott.xnb
            Characters-Haley.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Haley.xnb
            Characters-Leah.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Leah.xnb
            Characters-Penny.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Penny.xnb
            Portraits-Abigail.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Abigail.xnb
            Portraits-Alex.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Alex.xnb
            Portraits-Elliott.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Elliott.xnb
            Portraits-Haley.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Haley.xnb
            Portraits-Harvey.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Harvey.xnb
            Portraits-Leah.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Leah.xnb
            Portraits-Penny.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Penny.xnb
            Portraits-Sam.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Sam.xnb
            Characters-maru.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\maru.xnb
            Characters-maru_hospital.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\maru_hospital.xnb
            Portraits-maru.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\maru.xnb
            Portraits-maru_hospital.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\maru_hospital.xnb
            Characters-Wizard.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Wizard.xnb
            Portraits-Wizard.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Wizard.xnb
            Characters-Demetrius.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Demetrius.xnb
            Portraits-Demetrius.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Demetrius.xnb
            Characters-Baby_dark.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Baby_dark.xnb
            Characters-Toddler_dark.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Toddler_dark.xnb
            Characters-Toddler_girl_dark.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Toddler_girl_dark.xnb
            Portraits-Jas.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Jas.xnb
            Portraits-Vincent.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Vincent.xnb
            Data-Fish.xnb=N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Data\Fish.xnb

But it still gives the "Houston we have a problem" form, only Gamefolder is already filled with the folder path, and I simply must click save. Still annoying though, two extra clicks every time the program runs (OK and Save).

It has ceased to crash, however, which leads me to believe you're right in that it was happening due to a connection problem.

I see a new commit on your git, but no release of the updated binary, by the way.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
            • yuukiw

what version are you using?
              is just replaced the 1.4e exe

• Anaxagoras

1.4e, released two days ago. I redownloaded and reinstalled it, just in case, and the problem somehow seems to have disappeared. Very odd. Seems solved for the time being. Thanks for your time.

• tm080201

tm080201 Master Chief

Hello there,

When first trying to run this on Windows 10, I get the error that Windows won't run the program, until I hit allow anyway. From there, it just doesn't do anything. Every time I double click the icon, nothing happens.

• yuukiw

• yuukiw

not even an ui opens? This is the first time i heard about something like this and i cant thing of an reason for it, sry.

• Aryade

Aryade Void-Bound Voyager

• LiaSays

LiaSays Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I try to load this and get a "WindowsApplication1 has stopped working" error
                      edit: version e seems to work!

• Aryade

Well. Idk what's going on now. It ran before I left for work. I closed the manager when I left. Now it won't work anymore. No signs of life at all.

• LiaSays

LiaSays Void-Bound Voyager

Well, looks like I spoke too soon. Version e won't remember any of my mods or data and versioin f won't run.

• yuukiw

good message, i mannaged to reproduce the not starting part.

• yuukiw

i fixed the binary. please redownload

• Aryade

Re-downloaded. Double clicked application. Windows message pops up asking if I'm sure I want to run this program. I click yes. AVG Detection Pops up saying it's a malicious threat. (I've never had AVG pop-up and tell me something like this on all the other downloads) -- Here's the 'more info' link to what it is telling me. http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/us-en/...ric&utm_source=TDPU&utm_medium=IDP&PRTYPE=AVF

--I got it to work, I just don't enjoy having to download something when there should be no risk involved, then having to add it as an exception.