RELEASED StarDew Valley ModManager(SDVMM) 3.1c

ModManager that as of now supports XNB/SMAPI and Storm (needs testing)

1. raenevigil

raenevigil Phantasmal Quasar

Same here, all I can seem to DL is 1.4. All links to 1.5 don't work.

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just fixing some issue and then i will upload new version

raenevigil likes this.
      • Bringerlinger

Bringerlinger Void-Bound Voyager

Hi.

Some things I recognized and errors I found:

1. I cant find content.dll which is shown in your MM. I searched the file in the roaming directory and the steam directory but I wasnt able to locate it.
        2. If there is one empty folder and you want to "deactivate" this "mod" in the MM you will get an error. But if there is a folder in a folder both with the same name and nothing in the second one (Roaming\Stardewvalley\Mods\StardewCJB\StardewCJ\ ) all is fine and youre able to "deactivate".
        3. The alternative directory in roaming for the mods doesnt seem to work. I tried the "CJB Show Item Sell Price" Mod which was loaded in the MM console but wasnt active in the game. (But it could be the Trainer Mod instead of the CjB Mod. I didnt check that) After I put a second folder in my steam\...\stardewvally\mods\ directory (where the Trainer.dll and json already were in, in an other folder) it was activated and working. Now are 2 mods shown as running in the MM console.

SDVMM v1.6 SMAPI v 0.39.2 (this versions are shown in your MM)
        Win7
        Stardew Vanilla + SMAPI + CJB + MM. (Installed in this order)
        MM Mod Folder "AppData" (information MM)

• yuukiw

1. content.dll just appeared to an error in which he parsed the content folder from smapi too.
          2. i dont exactly know what you mean but the new mods structur from smapi is like this /mods/modname/modname.dll & manifest.json. Due those changes i recomend deleting all mods and starting blank with the updated mods.
          3. I will look into it.

• bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just thought I'd show you this error I got when opening the mod manager and it updated just now.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
            just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
            System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\Modding Stuff for Various Games\Stardew Valley\Mod Manager\Updater.exe' because it is being used by another process.
            at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
            at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
            at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
            at SDVMM.MainForm.CheckVersion(String Version)
            at SDVMM.MainForm.SDVMM_Startup()
            at SDVMM.MainForm._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
            mscorlib
            Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
            ----------------------------------------
            SDVMM
            Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
            Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthew/Desktop/Modding%20Stuff%20for%20Various%20Games/Stardew%20Valley/Mod%20Manager/SDVMM.exe
            System.Windows.Forms
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
            System.Drawing
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.36337 built by: FX452RTMLDR
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
            System
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
            Microsoft.VisualBasic
            Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
            Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
            System.Core
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
            System.Deployment
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34274 built by: FX452RTMGDR
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
            Accessibility
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
            System.Xml
            Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34281 built by: FX452RTMGDR
            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
            To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
            application or computer (machine.config) must have the
            jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
            The application must also be compiled with debugging
            enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
            <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
            </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
            will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
            rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• Bringerlinger

Thanks for the fast response. :)

Ok cleared all files and installed again. Both directorys (Apps and Steam) seems to work now.
              But the doubble folder is generated by your MM. If you change a mod to deactivated, it give them a second folder with the same name in it and then switch it to the deactivated folder (or generate it there). If you re-activate the mod it is copied with both folders. And that lead to an error inwhich your MM cant load the mod. Your MM start the game without it instead. As I can figure out without warning or something. Still "... 0 mods activated" in the console.

(After this Im not able to deactivate the mod again. Now i get an error message.) Not able to replicate this.

Doubble folder issue again after I deleted all files 2 times.

And your MM cant generate the mods folder in the steam path by itself. Would be nice if it could.

Oh I forgot to mention my steam directory isnt the same partition as my windows. Maybe this could be also a source for the issues.

• yuukiw

It should be able, atleast he does so on my pc. Strange.
                also from where to you choose the mod files?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
                • Bringerlinger

SDVMM : Steam\...\Stardew Valley\SDVMM\SDVMM.exe -- Game is Vanilla started MM 2 times to be sure the error is consistent. And it is.
                  'Cant locate :\...\Steam\...\Stardew Valley\mods' -- Created by my own.
                  Your include mods button seem to copy all files in the folder inwhich the .dll is. (My whole desktop was copied :'D; just a test. The other times I go into the StardewCjB folder with the .dll)
                  Now it creates Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\StardewCJB\StardewCJB.dll and manifest.json.
                  All fine if I start MM-SMAPI. Mod is running.

After I switched it the doubble folder was created again (Roaming\StardewValley\deactivatedMods\StardewCJB\StardewCJB\StardewCjB.dll and json. Used both ways to implement the .dll and .json (Your button and manually placement. Both react the same way.)
                  And after the Mod is re-activated with this 2 folders the MM cant run the mod until you put the .dll and .json one folder up again.

MM: v 1.6a (exe is the 1.5 version but MM updated by itself at first run) SMAPI: v 39.2 CjB: 1.4

• Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras Void-Bound Voyager

"Delete Mods" doesn't work. I was attempting to remove some xnb portrait mods I installed (Portraits-Jas.xnb), and clicking Delete Mods does nothing.

I tried to manually delete the line for that mod from XNB.ini and then install the new XNB over the old one, but got this error:

---------------------------

System.IO.IOException: The file 'N:\Vidya\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits\Jas.xnb' already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)

at SDVMM.MainForm.installXNB()

at SDVMM.MainForm.AddMod_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                    OK

• WhiteWolfos

WhiteWolfos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It hasn't been letting me delete xnb mods either. :C

• PandaSong

PandaSong Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I'm having a lot of issues deleting xnb mods at the moment. :(

• SimsMovieGirl

SimsMovieGirl Void-Bound Voyager

okay so the sdvmm thing updated, and it deleted my saves, and mods wont load anymore...

• Axis-

Axis- Void-Bound Voyager

Think you could add an option to choose the SMAPI version (reverting to old versions would be a lot easier)?
                            (This also might simplify compatibility checks for modders).

Also, I'd love an option to ignore "pre-release" SMAPI updates.

You're doing a great job!

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

I came here because of what this guy wrote... So I am not even the first.

Please, I am a modder, and I keep getting people nagging me to fix my mods because it is broken with <beta SMAPI> here. Then I ask where on earth they found <beta SMAPI> in first place, they claim your software auto-installed it.

So can you please don't do that? Some versions of beta SMAPI are extremely broken, the sort of stuff that corrupt saves, cause crashes, maybe even a BSOD or two, do not push these into users by default.

• tomastaz

tomastaz Space Spelunker

So I can't launch SMAPI and Storm mods at the same time right? Still waiting for some SMAPI to be converted to Storm >.>

• OrSpeeder

You know that Storm devs disappeared right? Even the most staunch supporters of Storm are now making SMAPI mods, so what you want, will never happen.

• tomastaz

tomastaz Space Spelunker

I had no idea. People were saying to switch to Storm and now this happens T_T

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

im getting strange errors too.. first of all it started with the updating. the zip software unzipped the update and then there was an eeror "couldbnt delete svmm.exe". after ... 3 or 4 attempts it finally worked and i gotversion 1.6d. then starting it, it said "could not find file c:/..../.../..../WindowsApplication1/1.0.0.0/Storm.ini. and i have 2x trainermod.ini in the list. when i delete one, it just updates it again on the next start of mod manager. and as many people said: deleteing mods doesnt work generally

edit: when i click at "launch stardew valley" in the mod manager, it says "stardew valley isnt working anymore".
                                      how do i deactivate mods like trainermod?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
                                      • yuukiw

will look into it!
                                        cause of this i will take storm support out of manager until anything happens to it.

• OrSpeeder

Yay! Thanks for both!