Server Help Stardew Valley Multiplayer not connecting.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Tiarnach, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Tiarnach

Tiarnach Space Hobo

Ok, so my wife and I are trying to play Stardew Valley together. Which is obvious by the title. Anyways, we were able to play once with occasional boots on her side. I was hosting and she kept getting disconnected for some reason. The way I had it setup was, I was tethering wifi with my phone to get internet to her laptop and my pc. We both were able to play, but then it stopped allowing us to connect. The game shows up in the join list but it just hangs and says connection error. I am able to see her game, and she is able to see mine if we traded off the host to see if it would help. I then decided to use the router I have lying around in my house to see if we can do a LAN game. I was able to USB Tether my data to my laptop, route the internet through ethernet to my router and out to wifi from there. We both can connect to wifi, however, I'm wired in and she was on wifi 5G. The same things happened, I can see her game, she can see my game, but we both can't connect to the game. The Multiplayer settings are right on the menus, (friends only) invite code already sent, but tried it anyways and it still didn't work. (Online) isn't an option, so I thought that was weird. Also, I tried not tethering the data, so we were both offline, I connected both computers to the router again for a fresh IP and there I'm stuck because I don't know if I'm putting in the IP address right. I know its the 192.168.x.x but do I put the port too like 192.168.x.x:24624? (I think that's the port but that doesn't matter, I can always just double check, I'm mostly just trying to figure things out). The point is that I'm having issues where I shouldn't and I know that I'm doing it right but messing up somewhere, not sure why it isn't working after working once before. I know that it's also still beta and that it's going to be buggy, but I don't think that this is what they meant when they said, Buggy. I can provide more info when people ask for it, I just hope that someone can help fix this for me. I would very much like to get back to playing this with my wife, thanks in advance :)