Stardew Valley Multiplayer Update???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoggyPanda, Feb 6, 2018.

1. SoggyPanda

SoggyPanda Poptop Tamer

Hello, fellow forum-scrollers. I was just wondering if there is any new news containing info on the multiplayer update for Stardew Valley? The only thing so far has been that blog post from December of last year. I just REALLY want that update. :/

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

I don't think there's been any really official news since the December blog post, but CA made a few Twitter posts in the middle of January that mentioned trying out the LAN multiplayer setup and that he'd finished the additional new content and shifted all his focus to finishing up multiplayer. No official release time has been given yet (beyond that blog post mentioning that it should be released within this first quarter), but it sounds like they've pretty much got the major underlying code down and are just working on details and polishing. Not sure just how much in terms of details and polishing that is, but it's something! You can read the actual tweets here :)

• SoggyPanda

SoggyPanda Poptop Tamer

• plagueborn667

plagueborn667 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am so stoked for mp.... My bf and I love gaming together and we plan on starting a new farm when it comes out. Squee! So stoked!

SoggyPanda likes this.
        • JazzHepcat

JazzHepcat Seal Broken

My bf and I have the same plan! We've been playing makeshift multiplayer in the meantime to hold us over. It's buggy, but pretty fun regardless and I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who is reaaally anticipating the official multiplayer update.

• N1warhead

N1warhead Space Spelunker

I've refused to play the game for the last year just waiting on MP so I can play it with my brother lol.
            It's so hard even now not to play it, but it will be so much more fun playing it with my bro.

I hope we hear something soon. End of Q1 is like next month or this month at the end.

• SoggyPanda

SoggyPanda Poptop Tamer

How do you do multiplayer???

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

This mod: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/makeshift-multiplayer.119076/

CAUTION! The mod very likely will do things to your save file that will make it incompatible with the standard game and will almost certainly conflict with the official version of multiplayer when it is released. I suggest using it with a separate save file if you plan to give it a try!

• SoggyPanda

SoggyPanda Poptop Tamer

• MaGicBush

MaGicBush Void-Bound Voyager

I'l be waiting for splitscreen. MP has no use since I'd only play with my son.

• Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

From what I understand there won't be split screen. However, even the crappier laptops out there made in the last decade should be able to run this. My only option is to use my gaming desktop and have a second player use my wife's shitty laptop. Still works fine, though.

• konartist

konartist Space Hobo

I can't wait anymore and I am checking every day for new content. Is there gonna be an open beta. Hurry up, Barone! I am dying for new content!

• Magical Trevor

Magical Trevor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same! I'm among those that have been waiting for it since the beginning, lol. I'm more than willing to put up with bugs and whatnot if it means I could have access to Multiplayer even a day early, or to be part of the Beta. I understand that it's important for publicity and whatnot to have as little go wrong at launch, but I'm hoping they'll be announcing the open beta any day now.

ChaosAzeroth and konartist like this.
                        • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I will have to rather strongly disagree with you on this, even if your tricks are ever so clever.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                          • plagueborn667

Yeah... I remember skyrim at launch.... So buggy buggy buggy... And even still for a loooooong time afterwards. I didn't even want to play. I'd rather wait for a working product than have an experience that could ruin the enjoyment of the game for me. Personal opinion.

SoggyPanda and ChaosAzeroth like this.
                            • TaleSpinnerGames

TaleSpinnerGames Industrial Terraformer

• MaGicBush

MaGicBush Void-Bound Voyager

Well I own it on the Xbox one so I can't use a laptop. I also dont own a laptop. I can hope they add it in a update after MP. It seems like common sense to add splitscreen on a console but whatever.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Oh, say, those new craftable signs are spiff! Can't wait to get a few of those up. You could even use them as seasonal decor!

• plagueborn667

I plan on using them to mark areas and chests like I do on Minecraft. They seem purty kewl.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question to Mods? Would it be possible to have a sticky thread regarding updates?

Seismothesaurus likes this.