WIP Stardew Valley Overhaul 1.0 [ALPHA]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by XCube591, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Ok maybe "disorganized" wasn't the right word. It's just that like you said, there are so many offshoots and branch-offs that contain parts of this mod, and parts of that mod, etc. that it's honestly very hard to tell what areas are included in what mods, and what mods are currently "up to date" at this point. n.nU

Thank you very much for the detailed reply and the file, I DO very much appreciate it. :]

P.S. I certainly wasn't trying to come off as rude or belittle all of the amazing work you've done here (seriously, your mods are awesome!). I know that exploration is kinda the whole point of mods like these, but again a vague description can have other side effects, like being unable to tell what is included.

It's not like Stardew Valley is easy to mod, and it's annoying to try and figure out if a mod will be compatible with your current setup or if say it relies on replacing another file that you've already got a replacement from another mod. :L

---
    EDIT: I very much over explained above - don't worry about anything to do with Furniture Anywhere as it had nothing *DIRECTLY* to do with my problem or this mod.

Rather it just caused a cascade effect of mods needing X master mod updated that ended with the old version of THIS mod not working (but again: there was no actual conflict between it and this mod).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    • Ulithium_Dragon

Ok after 2 hours or so I FINALLY got everything to "play nice", and even managed to update Tego's Stardew Expansion in the process.

Thank you so much for all your help, and now to give back a bit, here's the updated version of Tego's Stardew Expansion for anyone who wants it (I checked all the areas and they are all working perfectly).

EDIT: I've been told that Tego can be a bit... touchy about other people updating his mods, so for that reason I am removing all the parts of this download EXCEPT for the updated "manifest.json" file that *I* heavily edited.

If you want to use this update, you MUST go download the original mod from here, then overwrite the "manifest.json" file with my updated version posted below!

Tego's Stardew Expansion - Updated 02-25-2017.7z

(@tego: If you request that I remove this file I will comply without argument. I did not edit these files with any malicious intent, I'm just a big fan of the awesome new areas it adds and did not want to lose them!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
        IronZelly, Coolwyngs and Androxilogin like this.
      • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I'm glad you got everything working correctly! Of course text is all in how you read it. No offense taken, I understand the frustration in having a "perfect setup" and lack of sleep probably had an effect on how it was read. One wrong mod corrupted my save for a good while got me into this whole modding mess in the first place. :rofl: (<--- this face always makes me think " he was shot in the face!", then I remember it's rofl). I appreciate the kudos.

I try to keep them all up to date if they're required or minimally annoying without counterparts and with different version numbers I can understand the confusion. I'll keep this in mind with the next releases and just set them all to 2.0. Even though something usually goes terribly wrong on the day I release something where I end up deleting the initial upload and replacing it with a .#.

Now that everything is up to date an official update is probably just around the corner to throw it all away. :pwease: <--- this one makes me think, "shut up, Mimzy!" [irrelevant but I spotted it].

• Ulithium_Dragon

Haha, yeah I know how it is. It's a lot of work for any game to keep a heavily modded game "stable", and when you're developing mods it's even HARDER to do that lol...

I keep making manual backups of my save games tbh. I've only run into one full-on corruption event so far, but I was lucky that my last manual backup was litterally from that ingame-day. n.nU

-----
          Also yeah I've always hated the emoticons on the Chucklefish forums. I know that they were freely contributed by a member and all, but a lot of them make no sense for what the actual text is supposed to refer to, and I've always prefered my emoticons as raw text rather than a picture. I brought this up in the past and at least asked for the option to turn off automated emoticon conversions, but I was shot down for some dumb reason by one of the forum moderators, despite the fact that I KNOW that XenForo has a flipping DEFAULT option to let users choose to disable emoticons on a per-post basis...

The one that annoys me the most is:
          Code:
          XD
          ...Since that emoticon doesn't even sorta mean "facepalm" ffs...

Then there is:
          Code:
          B)
          ...Which interferes with A, B, C, listing. For example:

This is true because:
          A) Blah.
          :cool: Blah blah.
          C) Blah blah blah.

...But they still won't do anything about it. I've run into this issue often enough on various forums that I've kinda just personally moved to using my own bend of alternate emoticons that are not commonly detected, such as using:
          Code:
          :L
          ...Instead of:
          Code:
          :/
          Or using:
          Code:
          :]
          ...Instead of:
          Code:
          :)

• Androxilogin

Same here.. Read a log and a face pops up, etc. I made a backup and even before adding my first mod. My problem was when I added an extension that used serializer utilities on 1.07 and they became inaccessible in the next update. I didn't realize I was suppose to search the actual save file rather than the text for lines to delete. Dumb mistakes. Could have fed the addiction for soo long. Oh well, some good became of it.

• Ulithium_Dragon

What I find particularly vexing is that Stardew Valley has the same issue as a lot of similar games (i.e. Starbound, Terraria, etc.) where the game actually DOES make SEVERAL automatic backups of the save files, yet it overwrites them with such rapid frequency as you play that unless you were to IMMEDIATELY pounce on the files as soon as you error out and copy+paste them to another directly they will have already been overwritten.

I think they're mainly used for real-time backups when writing to the files, but it's still annoying for any game that only allows you to have ONE save file to not have a better system for automatic save backups...
              I mean Starbound has no less than THREE automatic backup files, but they are ALL overwritten in less than a minute of gameplay time. :/

• Androxilogin

The new version of "Expanded Crevices" should be live soon (whew). Probably after the weekend, if not, an alpha sooner. All coorosponding mods will also need to be updated but I'll update the official thread with downloads of the latest versions to make things easy on everyone. The alpha (if released) will hold all of these mods. The new version will replace everything this mod has without replacing the map files.

This new version should be compatible with either the original map or tego's farm replacement (variants; mining, forest, etc. Should also work correctly but I've yet to test them).

But also, the new tego addition will most likely be incompatible with some portions of this mod where new houses reside. I'm afraid this may cause pixel errors. I intend to leave it that way as the main purpose of this mod is to expand areas that initially exist. At this time there is no way of deciphering whether that mod is installed or not.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
                • Ulithium_Dragon

Pixel errors are much less important to me than having all this neat new content working properly. n.nU

And yeah, I actually tried to make a patch for Tego's newest mod, but I couldn't figure out how to get the warp points to the new maps working... I figured it may be because they were from two different manifest files, but even after carefully merging all the data it still didn't work. I ended up just concluding that I didn't know WTF I was doing and moved on... :/

• Androxilogin

His new mod has warps as actions which ALL has a problem with so he replaced the maps. Understandable since it was the only way do get it done in a clean way but idk. His tilesheets reversed the seasons from the front of the filenames to the back if you're having trouble with those. I'm facing the same problem once again with a house I wanted to add. Action warps are soo much better because you get the fancy little door sound upon a button press and doors can be locked at certain times.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am unaware of any issues ALL has with TileProperty(Action = `Warp (1) (2) (3))`, might I ask what the issue is? :S

• Androxilogin

I was unaware of this! Is this for "Tiles"?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Androxilogin

Figures.. I'm behind as usual.

[EDIT]

Actually, scratch that, I thought you meant a way to set map properties for some reason. I have used this method but it doesn't seem to work on door warps. It will make the sound and fade but just comes back to the original location with nothing in the cmd. I thought it was the tilesheet so removed the dependencies then added them manually. I didn't add the original tilesheets to the manifest, however. Would that be the case?

[EDIT]

Tested by adding default tilesheet files to the mod folder and to the manifest with the same result.

I was wondering, if I wanted to add an already existing tilesheet to a location without adding the same tilesheet to the mod folder, is it possible? I've played around with where the filename would load from with no success. "FileName": " Maps\\walls_and_floors", something like that?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
                          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

So `Key=Action` & `Value=Warp X Y Z` fails when used in the Properties section?

As to using existing tilesheets, this is currently not possible, ALL just isnt setup for it.

• Androxilogin

No biggie,

I've tried
                              "Key": "Action",
                              "Value": "LockedDoorWarp 18 19 StrayHouse 800 2000",

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

And that is the correct mechanics for LockedDoorWarp? I am unfamiliar with the mechanics of that one you see.... but I will take some time tomorrow to dig into the SDV source and see what is going on with that one... :S

• Androxilogin

Pretty sure it is. Just grabbed it from one of the other doors and threw my own stuff in it. I'll try a few things as well.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Mind making a detailed report over at https://github.com/Entoarox/StardewMods/issues, I am rather busy IRL so I am afraid I will likely forget by the time I can get around to debugging this.... because my peek in the SDV source didnt give me any reason why the issue is happening :S

• Androxilogin

I will try to if I can get the time to sit down and properly explain myself. It can be pretty confusing.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

np, take your time :)