Stardew Valley ruined Harvest Moon for me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moira, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Moira

Moira Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ever since I started following this game, I find it impossible to enjoy Harvest Moon games now. Normally when I'm in the mood to play, I can easily burn three hours playing Friends of Mineral Town, but now I'm just like "I wish this was Stardew Valley" and then I check the site for updates.

WHY U DO DIS TO ME, CONCERNED APE?

P.S. I'm wondering if there will be a short hairstyle option for the female character. That'd make me one happy camper since I'm not a huge fan of long hair, and it makes me sad when the option isn't available. I want something cute, darn it. Maybe something like Elli from FoMT.

[​IMG]

Edit: I typo'd.

• Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I feel exactly like that when playing Terraria after seeing Starbound.

• Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

This

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I can't play any old Animal Crossing game after playing New Leaf >.>

Same thing here with the Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley thing...I dunno if I'll end up playing a Harvest Moon game in the future, not with SV.

Cassie likes this.
          • Cassie

Cassie Phantasmal Quasar

All of the above are me.
            All so relevant and so true.

• Hatec

Hatec Void-Bound Voyager

Opposite effect on me, I ended up playing Terraria for 20 more hours after seeing Starbound's gameplay. When Starbound comes out though that's another story. However, I bought the most recent Harvest Moon on 3DS and was SO BORED. Maybe it's because I'm a 21 year old Male, but maybe... just maybe they overcomplicated the game and don't give you the basics anymore.

• Shinae

Shinae Contact!

I'm having fun with Rune factory 2 on my android. Stardew valley has no effect on that. Only reason I'm not playing terraria atm is that the newest update not out yet. Probably will be playing then to pass time until starbound beta.

claudekennilol likes this.
                • Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I feel the same about that, I don't know about harvest moon have not played that only thing I know is that farmville is a crappy version of it. Yeah the art style and character movement of starbound looks a lot less stiff.

• Psyme

Psyme Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am the opposite of the TC, seeing this has made me want to play Harvest Moon even more. So I started up a save in MFoMT.

• DaviDeil

DaviDeil Ketchup Robot

I friggin love FoMT, I'm surprised to not see people talking about A Wonderful Life.

• Psyme

Psyme Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why? AWL was only used to get 100% on FoMT.

Edit: Editing on a smartphone is suffering.

• DaviDeil

DaviDeil Ketchup Robot

Because AWL is most mentioned by the people I've come across for some reason.

• T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't like Harvest Moon games nor their offshoots after Harvest Moon 64 and HM: Back to Nature. After that the series just died to me. The SNES cartridge of mine got worn out. Like literally. 64/BTN were improvements all around and after that there is always something bad about each game that kills it for me.

Osmedirez likes this.
                            • Lemo_the_lemon

Lemo_the_lemon Space Hobo

This game has a lot of things that I wish Harvest Moon had (butchery for one!) but also has a lot of RPG aspects, without over fantasying it like Rune Factory, which is really nice. Won't make me like Harvest Moon any less since HM has its own charm.

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm surprised it took someone that long to stop enjoying Harvest Moon. Unless it's Harvest Moon 64, Back to Nature or Friends of Mineral Town I find it insanely hard to enjoy a Harvest Moon game. Ever since they changed the formula they've used since the SNES, and adapted and improved on the N64 and improved more by the time of Back to Nature, which was the zenith of Harvest Moon games, the franchise has been pretty much down hill ever since, as they just changed the franchise to the point that only the theme of farming remains.

• T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah this echoes my post a few notches above pretty much identically. Plagiarizer! But sadly it's the truth. On my PSP I have a remake of Back to Nature and the one game where you play a boy android trying to simulate human emotions (sigh, so sad they cannot even make a decent backstory) and even though there are cool things like a conveyor belt system I play Back to Nature way more often. Oh yeah, it's called Innocent Life. Anyway I can count on two hands how many times I started up Innocent Life in the past 3-4 years. Terrible.

• Lumina

Get Hero of Leaf Valley it's available in Playstation Store. 2nd best PSP harvest moon game out there. It's pretty much a remake of Save the Homeland for the PS2, but in some regards better, but in other regards worse. Some hated Save the Homeland, I thought it was beautiful, a perfect design for new gen Harvest Moon games, if they could get a lot of what was missing in it that the older games before it had, it would of been perfect. Hero of Leaf Valley does that to some extent but not enough personally.

Hero of Leaf Valley focuses on story telling, cutscenes and cute moments, it's quite beautiful to play, and cutscenes unlike 90% of Harvest Moon games were done well, and character behavior and movement is believable. Farming was slightly improved over Save the Homeland, unlike Save the Homeland you could also get married and go to festivals, but sadly festivals were poorly done. Everything from mining/fishing is also a slight mini game so it's enjoyable to do such task. Outside of loading I consider it one of my favorite HM games in years, which is saying a lot normally I hate new Harvest Moon games.

It's easily better than all those horrible DS and the New Beginning 3DS game. Though A New Beginning was interesting it is still well ya... meh after playing it for a while. Hero of Leaf Valley reminds me of the joy I had playing Harvest Moon 64, 90% of that joy is within the first few years of playing so starting a new save game was common. Same story for Hero of Leaf Valley, it's all about those first few in game years. ^^

• Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I just bought Rune Factory 4 so I'm good in this genre until SV is released.

• Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I dont know if i can say this, but i am playing Rune Factory for Wii on emulator. ITS GREAT! Its a mix pokemon, rpg, final fantasy and harvest Moon.

• Lumina

They're selling a Rune Factory game on PSN for the PS3. It's been quite tempting to buy actually. Though I wasn't fond of the first DS Rune Factory.