Stardew Valley ruined Harvest Moon for me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moira, Aug 27, 2013.

1. pinkcatmint

pinkcatmint Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been with Harvest Moon since Back to Nature and I agree with most of the posters here. HM has a bad habit of coming up with an awesome new feature, then getting rid of an old feature that worked great. I have emailed Natsume many times asking them why they don't have a save anywhere function in all of their games. I have a baby, a husband, and many, many things to take care of in my daily life. I should be able to stop playing the game whenever I need to without being forced to finish out a day and save before my character goes to bed. There were a couple of the DS games that had no friggin' pause function either! Why would anyone make a game with no pause or save anywhere function?

I also used to harass Natsume about the same sex marriage option. The female characters in Harvest Moon games are typically cuter and more interesting than the guys. I always end up playing as a male character so I can marry one of the girls. This is a modern world we live in, so I should be able to play as a female character and marry a female character if I want to. Thank you Concerned Ape for working on Stardew Valley. You are making the Harvest Moon game I have always wished for: Same sex marriage, characters with depth, lots of ways to run your farm, etc...