Tool Stardew Valley Save Editor (1.3 Compatible)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by etsmsj, Mar 6, 2016.

1. etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

You have the video showing how and that it works. It might seem sketchy as the part where I showed that it did got corrupted and had to use an old recording of it. Other than that, if you want to see the source code, I'll be very glad to send it to you

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I'm afraid not, that's another thing for the TO-DO list

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

o_O; Well Speak of the Devil I was working on My own save editor. But I Have been working more on the GUI and editing Items then Unlocking stuff [​IMG]

KimberlyMarno likes this.
        • Inarla

Inarla Space Hobo

I really wanted this to work so I could get the greenhouse without the huge grind, my game crashes every time I apply it to the save :(

etsmsj likes this.
          • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Added to mod list!

• TheForlornScribe

TheForlornScribe Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't been able to locate this in the save file, but... Any idea on if/where the number of enemy types can be modified/is stored? (IE: # of Slimes, Duggies, Skeletons, etc?)

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

If I remember right thats all hardcoded in the XNB, is not editable via the XML File.

Save File Location btw is "%AppData%\StardewValley\Saves\"

• DonCastello

DonCastello Void-Bound Voyager

Can I add items in the inventory editor? I lost my hoe and I want to add it.

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Well... I can look into it later tonight and pass the code onto etsmsj so he can intergrate it.

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, it is in the Known bugs section and it is mentioned in the video. That option in the save file is obsolete and will make the game crash. Just disable it and save again. It'll be fine

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                      • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

That could work, but we need ConcernedApe to get back to me, and see if he answers my questions

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

I think I already found a way to do it, Just like the Falloutmodder I made, we can use separate files with the XML Information about the item and Replace the Nodes with the Item

• BG-0

BG-0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm getting an error every time I select the file with character name and many parts of the save aren't showing up in the editor :(

Unhandled exception; Input string was not in correct format.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
                            just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
                            System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                            at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
                            at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
                            at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
                            at Stardew_Valley_Save_Editor.Form1.ExtractCurrent()
                            at Stardew_Valley_Save_Editor.Form1.browseFile1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                            mscorlib
                            Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
                            Win32 Version: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
                            ----------------------------------------
                            Stardew Valley Save Editor
                            Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
                            Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                            CodeBase: file:///D:/StardewValleySaveEditor/Stardew%20Valley%20Save%20Editor.exe
                            System.Windows.Forms
                            Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
                            System
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
                            System.Drawing
                            Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
                            System.Xml
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
                            To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                            application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                            jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                            The application must also be compiled with debugging
                            enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
                            <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                            </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                            will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                            rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• Dejiax

Dejiax Void-Bound Voyager

All I changed was the hair color and saved it. My save is gone/ game is unable to read save

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Hmmm, I think I can try to recover it. Just send me a copy

• Dejiax

Sent to inbox

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

It should be, yes. I think I did see something about that

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm... That's really weird, would you mind sending me the file to see what happened there and try to fix the code?

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Are you selecting the file in the correct place, and not deleting anything?

• Dejiax

MidgetMan is working on it right now. If he can't fix it I'll send the files your way.