Stardew Valley World Building and More!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UtterMarionetteTrash, Jun 2, 2016.

1. UtterMarionetteTrash

UtterMarionetteTrash Orbital Explorer

Stardew Valley has an amazing amount of room to grow Lore-wise, and I really don't want to see it go to waste!

When first befriending the Wizard I really thought nothing of him, he was just another NPC who could help me gain an achievement. As the man is befriended, he begins to talk more about mystical languages, and beings that he can speak to. But that's where it ends. I feel like the Wizard has a great amount of potential, and his dialog at the moment doesn't do this knowledgeable character justice. He could be a wonderful informant to the Player about creatures other than humans, or magic unknown to the citizens of the town.

In the cutscene where the Dwarf and Krobus feud over the 1000 year war, the history of the two races are just glossed over. There's definitely a lot of potential for history between the two, and reading about it even just as a lost book in the library, would add to the history of Stardew Valley's World. They both do mention their races in their dialog (the Dwarf more so than Krobus) but this is, at the moment, an untapped source for World Building.

Before Kent returns to the Valley, there is very few dialogs mentioning the war with the Gotoro Empire. But once this character returns from the war, this event becomes much more real.
    Before seeing Kent's only cutscene he only mentions his experiences at war when given items he hates. When the cutscene is shown, the Players become aware of how scarred it left him. Once again bringing this war that rages on into the background to light.
    Could we perhaps have opportunities through the mail to send money/items to support the Ferngill Republic through the war? Maybe after some time, and sending support, the Player could hear that the fight would be going well for them. Perhaps giving Kent more dialog as the war he fought in might be won in the end. After a number of years, giving the Player another reason to continue playing, the war would end in the Republic's favor; giving way to a celebration for Stardew Valley and more dialog for Kent.

Items pertaining to the history of the Shadow People and their History could be shattered around the Skull Caverns to give Players more initiative to dug deeper and deeper. Or perhaps clues to the Dwarves' passed, giving more clues to their ancient technology, and why they call themselves "Sky People".

If some ideas have already been suggested, please do tell; I didn't spend to much time looking back at past threads.

Shinrai and elebuu like this.
    • elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm just going to second the hell out of this. Rasmodius has the makings of a very deep character. As much as I like the terrible tease of getting just a peek into both his arcane and personal lives, I want moooooore. <3

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to see this added in the developer's copious spare time. :)

• kazuutenshii

kazuutenshii Space Hobo

this'll give more spark and "chilly" feeling in this game if they give this a go :pwease: