1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP sTARDISbound - A Doctor Who Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by demeggy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. demeggy

demeggy Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    You may have been following my mod work over at Fallout Who Vegas; a Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas Doctor Who mod that has been happily trundling long for the past few years.
    Unfortunately, New Vegas has ground to a halt due to time constraints, but I'm looking to dabble into knocking up a simple teleportable TARDIS for Starbound.
    Of course, the game itself has tonnes of potential, from Dalek mobs to Sonic Screwdrivers and entire dungeons from the Whoniverse; but for now, I'm looking at keeping it simple and implenting a simple Police Box you can hop aboard and zip off across the Universe and be back in time for tea.

What will it do?

Initially intended to simply teleport you in the Police Box to a random part of the current planet. Simple enough, couple of nights coding.

Future implementations?

If it pays off and works, I want to ideally see if I can get;

- an interior dungeon setup for the TARDIS, so upon interacting with the Police Box, you port to the ships Dimensionally Transcendental interior
    - Universal flight, so allowing you to either choose or randomise your landing location.

Depending on how easily I progress through this small project, we'll see how far I take it.

Planning on knocking up a twitter feed to publish the development.

Keep the faith :)

D

RayZ and brewerdakota like this.
  2. Bestpick

Bestpick Big Damn Hero

Okay, a time-travel device in a game about going FTL-fast, and going that fast could cause time travel.
    ...A device to travel the many universes in a game ABOUT travelling to different universes...
    "A random part of the current planet"
    *teleports in it into the core of the earth*
    asdasf

3. demeggy

There'll be no dematerialising in solid matter ;) I can't see a feasible way Time Travel's going to work in this right now, so I'm literally just focusing on implementing the Police Box shell and its randomised teleportation.

I've so far managed to get the object ingame; just now a case of looking into how to tie the blink tech to it when activated...

4. DreiStar

DreiStar Tentacle Wrangler

Best Idea Ever! I'm in love with Doctor Who. Bring on the Tardis and our Dalek enemy!

5. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

This is exactly what the kind of mod I wanted from this game. Can you make it in the future so that you have a chance to go to a random planet in the sector?

6. 0koi0

0koi0 Intergalactic Tourist

If you pull this off ill love you xD

7. demeggy

Thankyou, thankyou :) Will be looking to progress with this after the holidays or thereabouts. Always good to get a feel for the vanilla game first :)

Various concepts and ideas on how to get it working, even potentially got an idea of how to get the TARDIS interior to work alongside the Police Box...

8. KitsuneKrash

KitsuneKrash Orbital Explorer

My only request for the future of this mod is if you get universal flight work... please make randomize work by running around the 'cockpit' flipping various levers & hitting buttons

Sufferes and 0koi0 like this.
  9. Daniel345

Daniel345 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok, first post :)
    And, if you've been doing that mod for Fallout 3, of course you will do the most awesome series of "doctor who mods for various games", and maybe even do the most awesome Doctor Who game!

10. demeggy

Thanks. It's a lifelong obsession mixed with a passion for game development :)

Daniel345 likes this.
  11. Grogpole

Grogpole Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I loved your work on Fallout Who Vegas, that mod is AMAZING. Can't wait to see how Who-ified you can make this game, now I know its in safe hands :)

kik4444 likes this.
  12. kik4444

So we should wait a few months before we get any word about this or any pics?

13. Daniel345

That's exactly what I was waiting, I am tracking this thread to see the progress of this mod, only a picture of the TARDIS landed on a planet would make me the happiest guy in the universe
    P.S: never saw a Doctor Who mod with Bannakaffalatta, could you do him?(totally useless, but it would be cool)

14. kik4444

I'm very curious to see how he's gonna make the tardis controls, cause the game is in 2D

15. Daniel345

16. Suvo05

Suvo05 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I loved your work with the Fallout Who mod, I see great potential coming from this! Good luck :D

17. brewerdakota

brewerdakota Tentacle Wrangler

Roughly when will this be available?

kik4444 likes this.
  18. kik4444

Hard to tell, cause he's also at the same time working on his other DW mod for New Vegas

19. TrentV88252

TrentV88252 Void-Bound Voyager

Hope you pull it off :D