1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starface 1.3.3

Replaces the faces of the base races

1. Bietol submitted a new mod:

Starface - Replaces the faces of the base races

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. I've added an external download link in the description; hope that works for you!

3. Edaniel

Edaniel Subatomic Cosmonaut

You, good sir, made a miracle once again.

Bietol likes this.
  4. Rozy

Rozy Phantasmal Quasar

Honestly makes everyone look way more like the art around. Great stuff. Any plans to touch up avians too? Or is this enough?

5. Thanks! I don't have any plans for the avians at the moment. The only thing I probably would do is make their beaks level with their eyes, but that would violate the game's assumption that every humanoid's eyes and mouth are in roughly the same location and be incompatible with a number of head equipment.

If I can think of an edit that I think people would enjoy (and that also follows the "humanoid" conventions) I'll definitely make it, though!

6. Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Will you be updating the mod, soon? I only ask because they look pretty fantastic, particularly Floran and Apex, and It's become incompatible with the current modding system.

7. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if I got this working right - Trying to start a new character won't let me see the new heads in game. I copied directly to the mod folder as instructed. It's all showing there, but my Starbound seems to not be actually using it. Any advice?

EDIT: Wait, I think I may have found my error

8. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

Do the changes appear on already made characters or do you need to make a new one ? I've got a floran in stock and I was wondering if adding this mod will make it's face change in any way.

9. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Yep, the changes appear on already made characters.

10. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

Thank you.

11. NoobSauce

NoobSauce Void-Bound Voyager

Will the emotes be updated to match with the new faces? It's bothering me greatly.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  12. I'll look into it when I have time, but it's unlikely to be this week. Which race in particular is giving you grief?

13. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

Did you just make the eyes bigger or something? Perhaps you could put up a description of whats been changed?

14. Alright, the changes have been outlined in the description. I had hoped that visual changes would be self-evident, but I guess that doesn't fly for subtler adjustments.

15. Have you thought about adding the heads of other races? Ones that are from mods, perhaps?

I know there's not many races out there now, but in the future, there should be some pretty interesting ones.

16. It's an interesting idea, but I'll probably just stick to the vanilla races. No mod dependencies there!

17. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Thank you so much! I can't stand the Vanilla Human eyes, and I intend to download this just for that, though I love what it does with the other races too, especially the Apex!
    I do have a question about it's function however. Will I be able to join a completely Vanilla server with it, or will I not be allowed on due to mismatching files or something? Basically, does everyone on a server need this installed for it to work, or is it just clientside? Also, glad you didn't touch the Avians, I think they work perfectly fine the way they are :)