Race Staterans and Noxanima - light and dark races

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by scaper12123, Jul 14, 2015.

1. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Archmage is indeed pleased! :kitten2:

Kaiachi likes this.
  2. scaper12123

Awesome update!

[​IMG]

This is some absolutely fantastic artwork done by Kaiachi, who's been helping me get the details of Stateran anatomy down for the past few days! This'll be the image that greets people when they look at this forum thread. I'll upload an image showing Stateran anatomy soon as well. I just wanna sing endless praise to this artist!

Edit: It probably wasn't showing for you guys before because Dropbox is dumb. (\ovo/) This time I used tinypic.

EditEdit: Changed image host to imgur cause i honestly distrust tinypic ~_~

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  3. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

That pic is awesome! Props to @Kaiachi !

Kaiachi likes this.
  4. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Thank ya kindly sir! *tips hat* :proper:

5. scaper12123

Another update for all y'all. i've recieved another picture from Kaiachi

Stateran anatomy by Kaiachi.png

A good image of a Stateran's anatomy. I've also decided that, for the sake of variety, I'm going to write the race so their horns can grow in different shapes and patterns.

6. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

This race seems really cool. Seems like a creative idea how they balance good and evil in between themselves. Also the cross between Dragons and Lizards, reptiles. Its all added up really well.

Looks like a TON of work has gone into this. And it looks really nice and I hope you carry on building this. Its great. Amazing even. Wrong choice of word :p

Kaiachi likes this.
  7. scaper12123

Hi, I managed to get another awesome pic from Kaiachi of a Roganima!

Roganima.png

I'm gonna update the OP with this nightmarish awesome image. The Roganima are certainly something to be fearful of.

8. scaper12123

You know what's hard? Deciding on what materials to use when building. I went through three different building materials before I decided on a base one for a structure I'm working on, but I did it!

I'm currently in the process of designing a Stateran outpost in the middle of space. Might not end up using the final design of it, but it will at least help me get a feel for what I will be doing to design their structures. I can't help but feel a sort of "technomancer" vibe from the Staterans now that I'm getting into what their structures will be like.

Of particular note is a design for a seal that Kaiachi designed. I've replicated it in the form of crystal

Stateran seal.jpg

I'll probably be adding this seal to more Stateran structures in the future.

9. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Ooh, that looks lovely! And I must say, there's nothing wrong with technomancer... if you have the ability to do magic, who's to say your magic can't effect technology just as well!

10. scaper12123

Thank you! Of course, there is the fact that their magic has been used since their birth (before they learned technology).
    Also, I added a little thing to the OP explaining a Stateran's journey.

Kaiachi likes this.
  11. scaper12123

Hey everyone who watches this thread! I haven't looked at this concept in a while huh? I've been busy with school and developing a concept for a race is hard - especially if it ends up spawning an idea for an entirely separate race. Yes, I've decided that the lovely Noxanima (formerly known as Roganima for some contrived reason) are of enough interest to me to be their own race, if this idea becomes a reality.

They will basically serve as a counter-example to Staterans - whereas Staterans are a group-oriented race of techno-mages (yes I've decided that they are techno-mages now) united by the cause of destroying the Darklight, the Noxanima are fledgling mechanics who believe the Darklight needs to be repaired (or saved). Consider the Staterans to be super-futuristic with a techno-wizard ascetic while the Noxanima would be have very low-level technology with a sort of retro ascetic. There will still be feral, dangerous Noxanimas however.

I'm going to update the OP with my ideas thus far, as well as trim down the main post just a little. It's long!

Kaiachi likes this.
  12. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Hey, I really like your race and when you posted this post I immediately thought... "I may have what he's looking for..."
    Stop me if I sound egotistical or promoting self advertising, but I have my own race concept of steampunk lizards. One of my biggest issues during development has been trying to think of how they manage to get Into space in the first place. if you want, you can try and sort of merge the concepts together and base it around the darklight as well as steam power... Just saying... One race dev to another...

Also nice use of latin derivatives, "night spirit"... I like it!

Kaiachi likes this.
  13. scaper12123

If you want to collaborate on this idea, then I welcome the concept. I was about to say that the Steampunk niche is already filled, but then I remembered that it actually isn't. I suppose the closest thing to steampunks would be the Glitch though, even though they hold a medieval aesthetic. Send me a note if you're interested.

I like using latin derivatives in my names. The language just feels fun to use, though it would help if I actually knew the language xD

14. Jareix Cryvix

I'll send you an IM. I've always seen the glitch as closer to the "dark" ages to the renaissance era whilst the novakid are closer to the 1800's western expansion of the US.
    And lucky for you, I do know the language! (I'm not a native speaker of course but... Who is? :p)

Kaiachi likes this.
  15. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YES! I cant wait to make my super dark and evil looking characters! :viking:

16. scaper12123

Who knows? The Noxanimi might end up looking super dapper :3

Kaiachi likes this.
  17. Jareix Cryvix

*Ahem*

Relten likes this.