RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI]BuildHealth Mod. Increase your max health as you play!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Mar 11, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

I always enjoyed the system in the Rune Factory games where as you leveled up different skills, your max health increased as well. I decided that it was about time Stardew Valley had something similar!

Introducing the BuildHealth Mod!

The functionality of the BuildHealth is pretty simple, as it allows you to increase your max health in a couple of different ways. As you partake in the tasks below, you gain xp points, and when you reach enough xp points, your max health will increase!

Ways to increase maximum health:

1. Use tools.

2. Eating Food.

3. Sleeping!
    I'm up to a few more suggestions as well that can add to this list.

All of the data can be set up/edited in BuildHealth_Config.txt. If you want to increase/decrease any of the values such as the xp to level up, the maximum level, or even the amount of health you gain upon level up can be found here.

All data values currently associated with the character can also be change around with BuildHealth_data.txt

NOTE! If at any time you want to remove/reverse the properties set by this mod, open up the BuildHealth_data.txt file and set the value associated with resetting the mod data to true! This will revert the player's max health to the value initially stored when the mod was installed/ the value associate with old health.

All of the data is updated when you sleep, so don't expect changes until the next day.

Get it here! *Updated 6/9/16*

Nexus download: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/446/?

Source Code:https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods

Installation:
    Place the BuildHealth folder into the mod folder at %appdata%/StardewValley/Mods/
    Make sure you have correct API installed!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
      Z3r0ViP, Drogean and GosuGian like this.
    • GosuGian

GosuGian Twenty-three is number one

This looks awesome!

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

once again zippy, absolutely genius ideas

so simple but adds a nice addition to gameplay

• zipy199522

Just finished porting over BuildEndurance and BuildHealth to SMAPI. It was a bit challenging due to the fact that I lost some useful functionality, but it's for the better.

Here you go, hope you have fun playing updated mods. =)

https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

It seems there is a bug with the display of health. I attached a screenshot.

image.png

• zipy199522

That's....odd. I don't know how you achieved a health value higher than the max. Did this start out while playing, and did you edit the BuildEndurance_Data file at all?

Also what version of SMAPI are you using?

• SasuraUchiha

Nope, I didn't edit the file. I just copied the folder into the mods folder and then I got this... Maybe it's a bug, when you already are at a later point in the game (specifically I already have all skills at level 10, except fishing, which is at 9). But it seems it's only at the secret forest, didn't had this in my slime hutch or in the skull caverns...

Also, I use SMAPI 0.39.2.

• zipy199522

Sounds like it might just be a bug with the game itself where the secret forest calculates the max health weirdly. Is your Max Health the appropriate value inside the slime hutch and skull caverns?

• SasuraUchiha

Don't know why, but now it seems that everything is alright... Everywhere (Secret Forest, Slime Hutch, Mines, Skull Caverns) it displays 116/116...

• Genn Faol

Genn Faol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you've updated, or switched from Storm to SMAPI, you will have your old current health and stamina until you use something that drains stamina/get hit to lose health, upon which it resets accurately to the max value. That's a minor bug that probably can't be avoided right now, but as it fixes itself, there's no real need to.

• cera12sim

cera12sim Subatomic Cosmonaut

im sorry i might be stupi but i dont know where to find the download when i get to github where is the build health mod located?

• zipy199522

On the github there should be a green button that says clone or download. Click that and it'll mass download all of my mods. If you wait a day or two, I'll be posting an update and posting it on Nexus for easier downloads.

BlankSlater likes this.
                          • zipy199522

Hey everyone, I just updated the mod so that now you gain xp when you collapse and when you take any form of damage! I also included a link to Nexus so that everyone has an easier time downloading it. Have fun!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Build Health 1.4 is now available!

Release notes:
                              • Updated for SMAPI 2.0 (still compatible with SMAPI 1.15).
                              • Switched to standard JSON config & data files.
                              • Fixed issue where saves with the same name would overwrite each other's endurance level data.
                              • Fixed minor bugs when you load a save after exiting to title.
                              • Internal refactoring.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Irondragon12

Irondragon12 Void-Bound Voyager

where do i see my xp bar for this mod?