RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod--Configurable Day Lengths

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Rakivo

Rakivo Intergalactic Tourist

"Mines" didn't work for me. "Mine" did however. (@kecchin )

I do wonder what other locations are available. Do we have a list somewhere?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Unfortunately not, since machine processing time is based on the in-game clock.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

TimeSpeed 2.3 is now available!

Release notes:
        • Updated to SMAPI 2.4.
        • Added automatic update checks via SMAPI.
        • Added controller support.
        • Added Mine as an option in per-location settings.

discordkitty likes this.
        • Rakivo

Rakivo Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for the controller support. The last mod for me without controller support (most of your other ones have it) :)

• Sempiternity87

Sempiternity87 Big Damn Hero

Are there any plans of adding an option for letting machines run while time is frozen? I remember this being a thing in the past, though it may have been with your FreezeInside, or some other similar mod.

• JoeShmo

JoeShmo Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm that CJBCheatMenu's FreezeInside option allows for machines to continue processing despite the time stopping ( this has been a known "feature" for a long time with similar mods ). This includes things like Trappers, Kegs, Hives, Farm Cave, etc..

I'm not convinced that they rely on the in game time clock, as machines don't care what the time of day it is, they run off a countdown independently ( unlike NPCs , to a degree ). I think its better to say that the in game clock is based on the game's actual internal time measurement, and is merely a display / trigger for npc scripts ( which are based on particular times of each day ).

FreezeInside mechanics are not necessarily actually freezing the game's calculation of time, but actually freezing the "npc clock" that judges scripted actions like daily routine behavior ( movement and day / night cycle ) and when the player runs the risk of passing out.

At least, that's my observation of what is happening.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Bacon

Bacon Tiy's Beard

Crashing when on MP, installed the mod the same day of a festival, without it I can start the egg festival properly.

I was the host, the player flashed and the other player got inside the festival, I just saw the normal town.

• nirosu

nirosu Space Hobo

So far the 2.4 beta is working great with one issue. On opening the game doesn't load the config at start and seems to go to 1 or probably 0 sec per 10 min until you reloadconfig (press :cool: in game. To pull whatever ticklength you set.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm also having this issue. SMAPI log link below, but I don't see anything out of place.

https://log.smapi.io/TNi12prY

• BatFace

BatFace Void-Bound Voyager

Having the same issue here.

• fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Updated SMAPI today. Says that timespeed is outdated now. ):

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

TimeSpeed 2.4-beta.2 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 only.)

Release notes:
                          • Fixed time settings not initialised correctly until you change location.
                          • Fixed compatibility with SMAPI 2.6-beta.8. (Thanks to Mizzion!)

• Lazarus_long

Lazarus_long Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way you could be persuaded to upload the mod to a site that doesn't prevent people who use ad blockers from downloading files? I love your mod, but I can't get it because nexus mods not only has a ton and a half of java script from unknown and therefore un-trusted sites, but they also insist that I view ads from companies not on my white list.

• Sandraker

Sandraker Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way to get rid of the on screen messages that tell you about the time changing? Or is there any way to make them smaller, perhaps?

• Gojan

Gojan Space Hobo

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

I'm going to assume you are playing on the beta, if you are, you're using the wrong version. Download the Optional file. That one is for the beta.

• jerrywalker

jerrywalker Void-Bound Voyager

The biggest trouble with this mod is that according to smapi log (strings "the time is frozen globally" and "the time is temporarly unfrozen at town") it freeze time for all locations where player not located currently and this leads to machines not working unless you are in same location with them and time unfrozen. Using SDV 1.2 and SMAPI 2.5

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard