RELEASED [Storm] Character Voices (Like Undertale)

Discussion in 'Music/SFX' started by Svered, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Svered

Svered Astral Cartographer

I'll look into it but no promises.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

I was just thinking about this -- aren't there some Harvest Moon games where when you first talk to the person, they actually speak? Like, the first time you'll greet them in a day they'll say "hey" or "hello"? Not the same, but interesting.

• FiyahKitteh

FiyahKitteh Void-Bound Voyager

This is cool! =D
        Reminds me of Zelda (I think?), when you talk to people and they go "Hey!". Though, I think personally I'd like more of a laugh or something like a "Hey" over those weird chatter sounds.
        Man, I need to remember where I heard all those things, so maybe something could be made out of them. May take me a while to remember, ooff. x_x

• cankersaur

So I was looking at voices from video games just to listen to, because I was wondering what kind of voice I'd associate with each character. I found some for a game called BattleBlock, and they're hilarious.

Other than several quips about yarn (also this, which is super weird), I couldn't really imagine any of the characters saying any of these things.

... I'll keep looking!

Edit: This one reminds me of Jodi! These are in Japanese and they sound great, but I can't think who they remind me of the most. Same with these, which are lovely (and in English).

Edit 2: This makes me think of Lewis a bit. And this makes me think of Kent. The Wizard, maybe? Dwarf? ... Sebastian? SUPER beautiful. And Willie. Definitely Morris. For some reason, Clint comes to mind. The high-pitched part of this makes me think of Krobus. Sam? And Shane?! And Elliot. I'm sorry. xD Hm. Demetrius?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
            FiyahKitteh likes this.
          • FiyahKitteh

Awesome! Let's have all our characters go "YATTAI!". I would approve! ö_ö
            I guess we'll have to do some voice-acting here, if worst comes to worst? =D
            Like the quality of the 2nd ones a LOT, btw. I am kind of an audiophiliac <3

• cankersaur

If you wanna dig through sound clips with me... :p
              If you wanna dig through sound clips with me... :p

This one reminds me of Jodi! These are in Japanese and they sound great, but I can't think who they remind me of the most. Same with these, which are lovely (and in English).
              This makes me think of Lewis a bit. And this makes me think of Kent. The Wizard, maybe? Dwarf? ... Sebastian? SUPER beautiful. And Willie. Definitely Morris. For some reason, Clint comes to mind. The high-pitched part of this makes me think of Krobus. Sam? And Shane?! And Elliot. I'm sorry. xD Hm. Demetrius? and Alex?

And for the girls... Leah? and *maybe* Maru, but this sounds better for her. Robin? How about Emily? I'm not sure if this is better for Emily or Haley. Penny. And Marnie -- here's another clip of the same person with a different accent. Jas.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
                FiyahKitteh likes this.
              • FiyahKitteh

OMG <3

Also, the others sound great as well. =D Hm, but since there are no short, simple things like "hey" or something that they say, 's gonna be hard unfortunately ;_;
                But you know what? I am gonna go check my RPGmaker folder now. I accumulated quite the collection of short sounds clips. Maybe I can find some stuff for some of the villagers =O
                I also bookmarked a bunch of sites with little clips. Just need to go rake through them, to see what works.

If you want we could team up and look for things, so this project can happen sometime soon? ö_ö

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm maybe you could do something like the Rune Factory series, where all of the characters say their daily "hello, what's up, etc" and have the sound clip play during that and then immediately after that show their typical dialogue stuff? Still this sounds like a cool project!

FiyahKitteh likes this.
                  • cankersaur

Yeah, that's what I want to do. I was just trying to imagine what their voices would sound like. :)

• FiyahKitteh

So it just dawned on me, that I am a super dummie!
                      Being a SMITE player, I have a pretty large voice-database at my disposal, that would actually really help us here. So I went in my game and recorded a bunch of Gods I thought that could fit some of the SdV characters and there are plenty more where they came from!

Soooo, what if we'd pick the laughs, "Hi" or anything short-ish from each God for each character? Some people even have nice grunts or other short things that could make for a neat "first contact reaction" when you talk to them. Yes? Yes? =D

[Audio File (MegaFileUpload.com)]

If you want to see some of my personal thoughts on who could be who, here you go:
                      ~ [00:00] Mercury Skins #1 & #2 - Sam? Or somebody who is really hyper and kinda scatter-brained (e.g. "Hi", "Awesome" or alike)
                      ~ [03:22] Aphrodite - Haley (e.g. "arrogant laughter")
                      ~ [05:34] Hercules Skin #1 or #2 or #3 - Alex? ("Broooo")
                      ~ [13:40] Ao Kuang - Elliot or Wizard?
                      ~ [16:02] Rama - Harvey or something? (e.g. "Slow Down", because doctor)
                      ~ [18:22] Jing Wei - Emily? ("Wheee")
                      ~ [20:49] Nu Wa - Maru (ALL THE SPACE REFERENCES AND STUFF!)
                      ~ [23:27] Scylla - Jas, maybe
                      ~ [26:21] Cupid - Vincent?
                      ~ [29:00] Fafnir - Morris. That angry grunt noise... :speechless:

I could also immediately think of other Gods that I haven't put on this file, but remind me of some chars.
                      There are SO MANY to pick from. I think we could totally find something for everybody (Sylvanus for Mayor, Wizard or something like that, anyone? ö_ö)

Anyway. Thoughts? =D

• cankersaur

@FiyahKitteh that download site is miiighty sketchy! But it's downloading now, I'll check it out.

Edit: I don't know if I really care for these, haha. In fact I kind of really dislike them. ;---; Sorry!

The first one sounds like the guy from The Flash! xD I don't know that it makes me think of Sam, though.

#2 makes me think of Sandy, actually!

#3's personality reminds me more of Alex than the voice -- I wouldn't imagine his voice being so deep when he looks much smaller, and when he's that young. It sounds like a large adult, haha.

#4 for Harvey isn't bad, yeah. It also makes me think a bit of Elliot with the inflection. This is definitely one of the guys from the site I was looking on; I think it was in his samples. It really sounds like one of the characters from Dynasty Warriors!

#5 for Emily might be good, it sounds a little young and ... brash? adventurer-y? though. As opposed to someone who's into fashion and stuff.

#6 is pretty! It also makes me think more of Leah, I feel like Maru has a richer/rounder voice.

#7 ... is this Tara Strong? It sounds just like her in this! Also it sounds like an adult trying to sound like a child. It's appropriately spooky though! The bad jokes are so irritating, haha. Kind of Bubbles/My Little Pony/Harley Quinn. xD

#8 for Vincent... This sounds like an adult woman impersonating Elmo. I'm REALLY sorry, I just can't unhear it! ;-;

#9 for Morris -- I don't know that he'd sound this dramatic. Or have this deep a voice. I imagine him as more nasally and smarmy.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
                        • Canaria

Canaria Space Hobo

rip project? :(

i have lots of japanese voice ripped from games owo