Modding Help Strange box under my guns (wasn't there before).

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MacCraw, Oct 15, 2018.

1. MacCraw

MacCraw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've been working on my mod "Battlefield: Bad Company Arsenal" (it's on Steam), and I've made no major changes to anything like sprites or anything, just stat changes. So I went to bed last night with everything all normal, but when I woke up today and started up Starbound to play around and continue testing, all of my weapons have this weird box/rectangle under the guns. It wasn't there before, and I have no clue how to get rid of it

Below is an image of my character jumping (I was jumping against a lighter background so it'd be easier to see the issue) while holding a SPAS-15 - under the white area you can probably see that rectangle thing, and that's on each and every one of my weapons. How do I get rid of this?

20181014213406_1.jpg

2. Noah Nebula

Noah Nebula Sandwich Man

This is a weird glitch that I don't know the solution to (except backing up your player and world and uninstalling and re-installing starbound).

But I do have a theory how that is only happening to the guns...
    Guns are made of different parts:

"animationParts" : {
    "butt" : "",
    "middle" : "",
    "barrel" : "",
    "muzzleFlash" : "",
    }

My guess is the game is adding an extra part to your guns when you equip them. How to fix it, idk... :(

3. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

Try spawning in a new one. If that doesn't fix it, tweak the mod's code for the gun appearances. You might even check the sprites, just in case..?