1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stuck on black loading screen - multiplayer

Discussion in 'Support' started by foxflowers, Feb 24, 2019.

1. foxflowers

foxflowers Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! So, I've had this weird problem for a while.

Every time I try to connect to someone else's farm, I can connect through the game (the code and steam comes up with "connection failed" immediately and doesn't even give me character select) and select "Farmer 1". I then get to a black screen with the "loading" in the bottom left-hand corner. It stays like that for like 2 minutes, before telling me that "the server has closed the connection". This is not the case. When my friends try to join me, they just get stuck on the same black loading screen.

I have verified game files, uninstalled and reinstalled several times, tried almost all solutions presented to me with nothing. I have copied my boyfriend's working files over into my steam folder. I am able to connect to the internet perfectly fine, so this is not the internet's fault. I have also tried this on my steam account on two completely different computers. I had the exact same issue on that computer.

I am running the latest version of windows: Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

Any tips or assistance appreciated. I have tried so many things.