1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Suggestion Suggestion for a new Mod section

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by TheWorstPersonEver, Jun 6, 2016.

?

Do you want this feature to be added?

1. Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sure, why not?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Meh. I'm not really intrested.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. No.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. NO, GOD. JUST... NO.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

I know this will most likely not read by the devs, but why not add a multiplayer friendly section in the mods?

Think about it: Some things like Rexmeck's Counter strike weapons (link: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/wip-rexmecks-counter-strike-weapons.3680/) or his Flip Knifes (another link: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/rexmecks-hd-flip-knives.3616/) can seem more like a singleplayer mod, which may not be supported by servers.

But they are multiplayer friendly. For me, it would seem nice if there was a way to filter singleplayer mods, and just look at multiplayer-compatible ones.

anyways, bye.

2. If people want this, it seems possible, but I'm not sure if a new category is the best way to do this, since then a mod could only be categorized as one thing, like weapons OR multiplayer, unless we duplicated the entire category tree to have "Starbound - Singleplayer" and "Starbound - Multiplayer" sections. Here's a couple of other things we could do:

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I think "multiplayer friendly" is the wrong term to describe such mods as it gives the impression that server owners don't care if they have these mods, which from what I've seen is not the case. If someone is playing on a server, they can ask the owner what mods are required and/or allowed and go from there. Just because it doesn't cause everyone to crash doesn't mean it's welcome in multiplayer. Better to just ask the owner/operator instead, and if it's just you and a buddy playing, that's a pretty easy decision to make for any mod.

Just my $0.02.