Complete Sunless Sea Giveaway

Discussion in 'Community Contests/Giveaways' started by Blackleaf, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

GIVEAWAY IS OVER!

(Note: Not giving away an actual underground sea. Giving away a game about an underground sea!)
    Hello people!
    Today im hosting a little giveaway/raffle for a game called "Sunless Sea". What is this game you might ask? Well it's actuly a pretty obscure game! It was on kickstarter about half a year ago and got succesfully funded by a small but dedicated community.
    So what's it about? Well take a look:

Sunless Sea is a game about exploring. Exploring an underground ocean to be excact.
    "Thirty years ago, London was stolen. Now it rests on the shore of the Unterzee, that old dark ocean under the world. Hell is close, immortality is cheap, and the screaming has largely stopped. Steamships ply all the wild black zee, between the Iron Republic and the Elder Continent, between Hunter's Keep and the Travertine Spiral and the Dawn Machine. Welcome. Delicious friend." -Kickstarter description

Sunless Sea isn't about the city though, It's about that cavern the size of europe where the city has ended up. And the sea that stretches from London's coast to the unexplored east.

The Unterzee.
    If you want to learn more about the city, The developers originaly started this setting and story as a browser based interactive novel known as "Fallen London". Go check it out here!
    Sunless Sea is an actual game though, A roguelike where you play as a captain exploring the Unterzee.
    Perhaps you are a wealth seeking treasure hunter? An intrepid explorer looking to journey across the sea until the day you retire?

The game is currently in a sort of middleground between Alpha and Beta. It has it's fair share of bugs and only about 60% of the map is finished.
    It's also a game you may not enjoy unless you don't mind lonely exploration and also DYING. A lot. It is a roguelike ladies and gentlemen.

I backed the game on kickstarter and received a key I can give away, So I figured I could give it away to people in this community!
    The game is avaible on early access on steam, Your key will work there. You can also get a standalone if you for some reason dont like steam.

This is a raffle, So just pick a number from 1 to 15 and write it in your post.
    I will randomly pick a number and one lucky person will receive the game!
    NUMBERS:
    1-Jeoshua
    2-Meldieboy
    3-Dende
    4-Silentguy
    5-Gunmanrex
    6-Miske
    7-Solum (( Winner!!! ))
    8-Shinx
    9-Redscarwolf
    10-Boufman
    11-Luchog
    12-Barl0we
    13-Freddy
    14-Cheeseywiz
    15-Bughunter

I will warn you, This game may not be for everyone. PLEASE check out the links dotted around the thread for more information if you whould actuly be interested in the game. If you like it and don't win you can always buy it, It's avaible on the sunless sea website and on steam starting July 1st.

Best of luck!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Boufman, Meldieboy, Britefire and 2 others like this.
  2. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

Oh wow, this one looks really interesting! I like the idea of a nautical roguelike, and the atmosphere seems really strong.
    Just one question: Are there any bazaars in this game?
    As for my number of choice, I'll be boring and pick number 7 :laugh:

Blackleaf, Meldieboy and Britefire like this.
  3. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Sweet thanks for the giveaway, I'll take the number 10.

4. Meldieboy

Meldieboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I remember that the web game used to be called Echo Bazaar, but never played it. Good to see that the thing didn't die out.
    Game looks cool, so Number 2 please.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    Bughunter likes this.
  5. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

Fallen London!
    I would like number 13 please.

6. Luchóg

Luchóg Sandwich Man

11 for me please.

This game looks pretty amazing.

7. Miske

Miske Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello there :D
    I'd like to chose 6, if it's not taken yet
    Also love to see people doing giveaways like this, so thank you :)

8. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I will take 15, and this giveaway is quite "bazaar"

:p

Meldieboy likes this.
  9. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Ill delete the bazaar requirement thingy. It was fun to see how many people actuly payed attention to it though!
    yes there is.
    The Echo Bazaar to be excact.
    A giant sentient bazaar that travells through space and time and steals cities.

Bughunter and Solum like this.
  10. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

I pick nine.

11. Shinxy-Chan

Shinxy-Chan Giant Laser Beams

Eighterino pleaserino.

12. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I'll take five, seeing as how this game has peaked my interest.

13. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

Put me down for numbah one.

14. cheeseywiz98

cheeseywiz98 Void-Bound Voyager

number 14

15. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

I shall be the number 2!

16. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Two is taken.

17. Dende

Dende Giant Laser Beams

Then I shall fill up ze number 3

18. SilentGuy

SilentGuy Big Damn Hero

I want to be number 4 please :D

19. Barl0we

Barl0we Phantasmal Quasar

I'll take 12, please!

I played Echo Bazaar, the browser game by the creator...I was sad to miss the Kickstarter since I was broke at that point :/

Blackleaf likes this.
  20. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Right and the winner is Solum!!
    Gratz, Ill send you a PM with the code.

Solum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.