1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super Magic Custom Island! Pleased Giraffe

Throw the spaceship under the bus! Build your own thing!

1. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

Surn_Thing submitted a new mod:

Super Magic Custom Island! - Throw the spaceship under the bus! Build your own thing!

Read more about this mod...

2. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

A really cool idea you have here, a little odd but hell we are all odd in some aspect. I look foreword to seeing what you're plans are. btw love the ship under the bus bit lol all back of the bus and what not :) keep up the great works Brah.

3. Wazaap

Wazaap Subatomic Cosmonaut

I got to T3 island ship, but... How do I get to T8?

4. Surn_Thing

Thanks for your encouragement. I appreciate it.[DOUBLEPOST=1425509776][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just play the game as normal. If you're too lazy to do that type in:

/admin

then

/spawnitem shipT8

The commands are case-sensitive, so make sure you have it right.

5. Wazaap

Wazaap Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks! It just feels like the game hates me sometimes.

6. ELYmod DLR

ELYmod DLR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I scanned the 'flames' into the Pixel printer, so maybe recipe is not needed. I didn't see how to edit this in to my review comment.

Thanks again for this mod.

7. simulatoralive

simulatoralive Existential Complex

I'm thinking of altering this mod very slightly for my own purposes.

My basic idea is to fill the entire bottom half of the available space with solid stone, to make a true world ship. My previous attempt was a failure due to ridiculously large requirements for raw materials, despite the fact that I was using the Ore Plants+ mod to grow them in mass quantities.

I'm wondering what I'd need to do to accomplish this and what the possible side effects might be.

Do I just need to edit the PNG files in the mod's folder to do this? Is there anything else I should do?

8. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Where are the creations? I wanna see people's creativity :D

9. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

Anyone having luck with this mod in Spirited Giraffe? I can't get it to work properly. I just end up in a small square with a SAIL interface, and it only gives me the option to repair the ship thrusters, so I can't even activate the matter manipulator or beam to the planet.

10. simulatoralive

I've fiddled with this mod in Spirited Giraffe. It worked fine for me. With the only bug being the inability to place boosters, as they all spawn as Perfectly Generic Items in the ship locker.

Tier 0 is a small square. You should have the option to reboot SAIL at that point. Then you'll have the option to get the matter manipulator and beaming capability.

11. kenanthebarbarian

I got that far, but the ship locker never showed up, so I can't complete the first mission to get a flashlight.

12. simulatoralive

Is this with a new character? Have you tried starting this process over again with a different character? I'm just trying to determine if this happens every time for you.

The only other thing I can think of is do you have other mods installed? If so there may be a conflict or something.

If you think this may be it, try uninstalling all other mods and try again. Then add one at a time back in until you find out which mod is the problem.

13. kenanthebarbarian

Right, you are. The culprit was Racially Appropriate Ship Backgrounds. Thanks!

14. kenanthebarbarian

Just a start, now that I got the mod working. I've been fantasizing about this for a long time. It will be my first full ship build.

Attached Files:

15. simulatoralive

16. DarkSpanner

DarkSpanner Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way to get this to work with custom races or existing characters?

17. simulatoralive

Custom races are going to require slightly altering the mod. I think it should be as simple as copying and properly naming a folder. You'll end up with just the ship furniture of the vanilla races, however, without some more serious modifications to the starter treasure pool.

I did an experiment with getting this to work for an existing character. Worked pretty well.

Here's the process:
    1. Backup your player files, just in case you screw up and have to start over.
    2. Figure out which tier your character's ship is currently at.
    3. Start a new character with the Super Magic Custom Island installed.
    4. Upgrade new character's ship to the same tier as the old character.
    5. Replace the ".shipworld" file for your old character with the ".shipworld" file of you new one.
      1. All you have to do to accomplish this is delete the old file and rename the new file to match.
    Also, please note the fact that you will lose the contents of your ship. There are other mods that could help speed along the move-in process if you want to keep the contents of your ship. You'll have to store things on a planet as a go-between, however, unless it all fits in your character's inventory.

DarkSpanner likes this.
  18. Surn_Thing

19. FrozenTerralick

FrozenTerralick Void-Bound Voyager

Help the mod isn't working i get the normal human ship every time.[DOUBLEPOST=1443159325][/DOUBLEPOST]Well all my mods and characters are deleted hoprfully this works[DOUBLEPOST=1443160118][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope, I need help. i download the mod then i go to downloads drag the island.zip to giraffe storage/mods end then i unzip the folder and load starbound. mada new character and i still get the normal racial ships[DOUBLEPOST=1443161271][/DOUBLEPOST]i got to work i didnt put it in right so sorry for go crazy

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  20. sigmix0101

sigmix0101 Space Spelunker

Is it possible to make an avian airship in space with this mod? I really want one!